Ch. 35 I'm Not Losing You Again

I AM BAAAAACCCKKKK!!!

I'M BARELY ALIVE BUT I'M BAAAAACCCKKK!!

I FREAKIN HATE CELL BIO CUZ IT TOOK OVER MY LIFE! I BARELY HAD TIME TO WRITE!

BUT I'M BACK TO GIVE YOU GUYS LOVE AND ANOTHER GREAT CHAPTER!!

While I was away, my story kept growing and I was like shook. Thank you so much for being patient and staying by this story. You have no idea how much I appreciate it. I LOVE YOU ALL!! PLEASE ENJOY, THIS IS THE THIRD TO LAST CHAPTER OF ARC 1!! 

******

Snow.

The way each snowflake fluttered in the air before landing softly onto the ground, accumulating to create a white fluffy blanket over the earth's surface.

Most would enjoy it only for the view then quickly find a warm shelter after having enough of the cold.

But snow was everything for Jennie.

It was the surroundings that she grew up in.

It was how she discovered her animal half.

It was how she connected with one of the most people in her life.

Every happy and sad moment happened when snow was around her.

Right now, she wished she could share this beautiful moment of the season's first snowfall with him.

But the reality did not allow for this wish. Jennie was tied to a wooden post on some ledge on a mountain trail. She's been stuck here for a few minutes, hours? She didnt know...Just waiting in a stiff position against the frigid wind with nothing but her tattered clothes that left her torture wounds exposed to the merciless weather.

The cold should have been comforting. The fluttering snow that landed on her should have made her spirit more at peace to allow some healing processes for her battered body.

But actually, each snowflake froze the silent tears rolled down her face, leaving her face dry with uncomfortable frosted skin. The cold had numbed her pain but didn't heal them. For once, Jennie didn't like this cold. She didn't like how every passing second she was standing in the cold in such a vulnerable state, waiting for him to find her.

Jennie could do nothing to escape this imprisonment. Gaho had hauled her out of her cell like a sack of potatoes and tossed her into the back of his truck. At this point, after the multiple, merciless beatings, her body had gone numb and heavily exhausted. It had taken every last fragile mental strength she had left not to cry and scream in pain as he whipped her, cut her, broke her, right in front of the camera.

She was stubborn in not wanting to give Gaho the satisfaction, nor feel the guilt of hurting Taehyung more, nor accept the vulnerability of her own state.

It was so numb to the point where sometimes, when Jennie was teetering on the line of consciousness and sleep, she couldn't feel Glacia's soul within her. The fear of that emptiness always jolted her awake. She knew she would not be able to handle anything if she was completely alone. Although Glacia's soul body was also damaged, she was still present in the dark caves of the spiritual world.

Jennie didn't actually know how bad of a situation could be if a soul animal left its human's body, if such a thing was even possible. But she didn't let that dreadful thought linger for long. She was already so close to giving up, she didn't need that kind of question in her mind. Instead, she held onto the faint comforting feeling in her heart that Glacia was waiting for rescue like she was, that they were weak but still together.