Ch. 6 Saviors, not Saints

Turning her attention back to the main action, she gapped at the new arrival: an abnormally large golden eagle, about four feet of torpedo body. It looked majestic and menacing with its gold highlighted feathers on its massive wings and tail. It was calmly standing on the ground, tapping a single knife-like talon in a mocking way, as if waiting for the first one who had the guts to attack it.

Clearly terrified, the enemy moved forward as a group. But before they could bring up their hands to whip, the eagle just lifted one wing. It swept a wing across its body towards the line of enemies, and feathers shot out of them. Feathers, Jennie had to repeat in her head to convince herself that it indeed wasn't knives.

Jennie was reminded of an archer, skillfully shooting arrows in rapid fire, one after another, knocking out every last enemy.

All was dead silent except for the girls' shaky, scared breathing and whimpers. The basement lit up when three white lights covered the three animals, returning to their human forms.

The eagle turned out to be one of the most handsome young men Jennie's ever seen.

He grinned at the prisoners

He grinned at the prisoners. "Let's get you girls out, yeah? You're safe now..." He gave a pointed look at Lisa, "now that I'm here. Aish, why you always messing up, little rat-"

"Oh shut your beak, you were slow in getting here-!"

"Both of you, not now."

Jennie snapped her eyes up at the new voice standing in front of the door. Black hair, pale skin, cold eyes, power radiating from his shorter than average stature, no wonder the bickering duo obeyed so quickly.

The man's eyes softened up as he turned to look at the poor, scared and confused girls huddling with each other. "We have to move fast. I got a trailer here to pick you up."

Suran, who the girls are more used to, nodded encouragingly to follow her comrade, leading them out. Jennie, who was in the back, overheard what the man was telling Lisa and eagle boy. "Lisa and I will watch the back. Jungkook, carry the injured girl. Hurry, I don't know how much longer V can keep up the diversion."

Jennie ran as best she could with the group. Her legs were still not back to normal after being folded under her for too long in the cage. Some girls have even shifted to run faster in their animal form, and the fact that several were indeed cats and dogs made her feel sick thinking that the Traffickers probably carefully selected them to be sold. She couldn't help but wonder how her white snow leopard would be used.

Jennie frantically shook her head, pushing that awful thought away. She just needed to concentrate on running to freedom. What does that freedom look like? She had no clue, she just wanted to get out.

"Ahaha!!" A maniacal laughter rang through the hallways. A bleach blonde man appeared around the corner with his men, armed with longer whips, tranq rifles, and even clear shields. "And where do you think you're going, huh? Your little tiger didn't do a good job with the pathetic diversion haha!"