151, 165, 176 ❁ 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘦𝘭 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘺

∞༺♡༻✧
"𝑖𝑡𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡. 𝑖𝑚 𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒."
"𝑖 𝑐𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑠𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑝."
"𝑖𝑡 ℎ𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑠."
∞༺♡༻✧

daniel and i stood next to each other in our bathroom, brushing our teeth.
we've had this routine since we started dating and we've been married for almost seven years.
we met at a party when we were 19 and got married when we were 21. were super close and we tell each other everything, even the freaky shit.
every night, we always make dinner together and then watch tv together. then we always get ready for bed together. we truly are inseparable.
i followed him back to our bedroom where we crawled into bed and cuddled into each other.
it was pretty early, it was only 9:30. even though it was early, especially in a friday night, i was really tired. i was excited to sleep.
as we laid in bed together, i couldn't fall asleep. it felt like hours had passed, but i was still awake.
one of the weirdest things that happens to daniel and i, is that if one of us can't sleep, then the other can't sleep.
so, i assumed daniel was still awake.
"daniel?"
"yeah?"
"why are you awake?"
"i can't sleep," he said sadly.
i looked up at him and carded my fingers through his fluffy hair.
"what's wrong?" i asked.
"my throat."
"your throat?"
"it hurts," he whined.
my eyebrows furrowed. daniel has been complaining about his throat for almost three weeks now. he's been saying that it hurts a lot recently.
"baby, maybe you should go to a doctor. you've been saying that it hurts for weeks now, you should go get it checked out," i said.
i instantly felt him tense up in my arms.
"what?" i asked.
"hm?"
"why'd you get all tense?"
"um...i...i did go to the doctor a few days ago. which is why i can't sleep," he sighed.
"what? what did they say? are you okay?" i frantically asked.
"um...i have vocal nodes..." he said quietly.
"what is that?"
"they...well, they're like blisters on my vocal cords. i have to have a surgery to remove them...it's just....um...." he hesitated.
i rubbed his arm, kissing his neck comfortingly.
"it's just what?"
"the doctor said that my singing voice might be gone forever. after the surgery, i might never be able to sing again and i....that just....it really fucking scares me," he admitted. 
"aw, honey, that's terrible. oh my god, why didn't you tell me earlier, this has probably been eating you alive," i worried.
"i'm just really really scared. i want the surgery to fix my throat, but i can't lose my singing voice. singing is my whole life," he stressed.
"fuck, daniel, that's the worst thing ever. sweetheart, i'm so sorry," i whispered.
"it's not your fault. i just...i'm going to be a huge mess of anxiety until i know that i can sing again," he sighed.
i let him shove his head into my neck while i ran my fingers through his hair, gently scratching his head.
"i can make you some tea for your throat," i offered, hoping that it would help with the pain.
he didn't respond, so i looked down to see him asleep, his arms wrapped tightly around me.
i smiled and kissed his forehead, saying a silent prayer that his voice would be okay before i fell asleep.

and his voice was okay. in fact, it sounded as beautiful as ever.

𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘂𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘀, 𝗶 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀!

∞༺♡༻✧
𝗽𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 - 𝟳/𝟮𝟳/𝟮𝟬
𝑖 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢
∞༺♡༻✧