107, 142, 152 ❁ 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘦𝘭 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘺

∞༺♡༻✧
"𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑛?"
"𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑛- ℎ𝑒𝑦, 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑙𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔?"
"𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑚𝑒."
∞༺♡༻✧

daniel and i have been together for almost six years and we've probably only fought a total of like four times. we're always good at communicating and settling things maturely.
tonight was a bad night though.
i had a really really rough day at work and all i wanted was to lay next to daniel and vent to him about my day.
which i did, but he wasn't listening to me.
i kept talking, but he was staring somewhere else. i could tell just by the way his eyes were cloudy.
"and then- hey, are you listening?" i asked, sitting up.
"yes."
"no, you're not. daniel, i don't wanna argue, but why aren't you paying attention?" i asked.
"i am. i'm listening to you, just fucking talk," he snapped.
that did it.
within seconds, we were both off the couch and screaming at each other. we battled it out with no end in sight for almost an hour.
"are you ever going to listen?"
"i do listen!" he yelled.
"okay, y'know what? let's just fucking go to bed!"
i stomped upstairs, him following behind. i went to the bathroom and slammed the door.
i changed, washed my face, brushed my teeth and hair, and then went back into our room to see daniel already laying in bed.
we both faced away from each other in bed, we weren't even touching. typically i would hâte that we aren't cuddling, but i'm so pissed that i don't even care.
"goodnight.......i love you," i heard him quietly say.
daniel and i always say i love you before going to sleep. it's just something we do.
tonight, i was so pissed that i didn't even care to respond. sure, it's petty, but i just don't really give a fuck.
which was a bad move.
daniel is a sensitive guy, he will get upset at little things. i'm not saying he cries over spilled milk, but by me not saying i love you back is enough to set him off.
i sighed, hearing his sniffles and little whimpers.
"daniel, honey, i'm sorry. i love you too," i said, turning over to rub his back.
he turned over to face me and sure enough, he was crying.
i should've just told him i love him. i know this kind of stuff upsets him, why didn't i just say the words.
"sweetheart, don't cry," i comforted, kissing his forehead.
"why wouldn't you say it back?" he bawled.
"i...i don't know, okay? it was stupid, i should've replied. i love you sweetheart, i promise. i was just pissed. i'm sorry," i said.
he nodded slightly and let me wipe his tears away.
"screw my sensitivity," he chucked, making me laugh too.
"well, i get why you were upset. i should've just told you i love you."
"well, it's whatever. this whole night was whatever. just...please hold me and let's just go to sleep," he said.
i nodded and we wrapped our arms around each other, sharing a sweet kiss before falling into a peaceful sleep.

∞༺♡༻✧
𝗽𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 - 𝟳/𝟭𝟳/𝟮𝟬
𝑖 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢
∞༺♡༻✧