105, 117, 128, 164 ❁ 𝘫𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺

∞༺♡༻✧
𝗿𝗲𝗾𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 @𝘅𝗮𝗱𝗼𝗿𝗲_𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝘅
"𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑛𝑜 𝑢𝑠. 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑤𝑎𝑠."
"𝑖 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑑𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑒. 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑡𝑧 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑖𝑛 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑟𝑜𝑘𝑒 𝑚𝑦 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡."
"𝑑𝑜𝑛𝑡 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦, 𝑖𝑡 ℎ𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑠 𝑎 𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝑙𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑒𝑎𝑐ℎ 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒."
"𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 ℎ𝑢𝑟𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢."
∞༺♡༻✧

jack avery.
my boyfriend of four years. now ex boyfriend.
i never thought i would see him again. when we broke up, i deleted his number, blocked him on social media. i cut all the ties. i thought he would be gone forever.
i guess not because he's standing right in front of me at the grocery store.
"hey," he said, his eyes staring into mine.
"hi, jack."
"um..h-how are you?" he asked.
"i'm doing well. how are you?" i asked, even though i knew he was going to lie to me.
i've heard things about him, people have told me he's falling apart. i guess when we broke up four months ago he went downhill. i could tell by looking at him that he wasn't okay because his eyes were drooping and he looked messy and tired.
"i'm okay. i...i'm glad to see you again," he said, his voice shaking.
"yeah..um..i guess. i should probably go," i said.
he nodded and i started walking, but he ran after me and stopped me.
"can we please talk? please, i really really want to talk to you," he pleaded.
i sighed and pulled him out of the store and to my car with me. i didn't really want to talk, but i could practically hear his heart breaking, so i gave in.
"jack, i was doing fine. really, and then you waltz back in like you never broke my heart. make this fucking quick because i don't want to waste my time with bullshit," i said, my hands gripping my steering wheel even though i wasn't driving .
"i...well um...look, i'm sorry. i'm really fucking sorry, okay? you w-were right, i should've paid more attention to and cared for you more. i know an apology means nothing to you, but i just need to say it. i miss us, a lot," he said.
"god, jack, there is no is. there never was. you know how my last boyfriends treated me and you still left me in the dark. i don't want you to pity me. don't worry, jack, it hurts a little less each time. i just thought you were really different," i scoffed.
he looked pained by my words.
"i am différent. i'm sorry, baby, i'm so sorry. i sound like a douche right now, but just give me one chance. i'll spend time with you and take you on that hike you wanted and i'll make you your favorite dinner and i'll cuddle you always and i'll stay home when your sick. i know i was an ass and i know your past boyfriends were asses, but not everyone is going to hurt you. especially not me."
"jack, you already hurt me."
"and i will spend the rest of my life feeling awful about it. i will devote my whole life to making it up to you. please just let me try," he begged.
my brain was telling me to get the hell out of the situation, but that night i was laying in his arms.
i never regretted it though. our life together ended up great.

∞༺♡༻✧
𝗽𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 - 𝟲/𝟮𝟮/𝟮𝟬
𝑖 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢
∞༺♡༻✧