7 ❁ 𝘤𝘰𝘳𝘣𝘺𝘯 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘰𝘯

∞༺♡༻✧
"𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔.....𝚒 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚖𝚎"
𝗿𝗲𝗾𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 @𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗲𝘇𝗶𝗯𝗲𝗹
∞༺♡༻✧

I walked through the mall with my boyfriend, Corbyn. Today was a great day. We got up somewhat early and went out for breakfast and then headed to the mall and we've been here all day.
We are both exhausted because we've been shopping all day, but we were still as happy as ever.
But all of that changed in a matter of seconds.
"Everyone get down! Hide!" we heard someone scream.
Then we heard loud bangs, which Corbyn quickly recognized was gunshots.
His grip on my hand tightened and he pulled me into a random store. We ran to the dressing rooms and he pulled me into one, locking the door.
I clung to Corbyn, shaking.
"What's happening?" I whispered as he held onto me as tight as he possibly could.
"There's a shooter." he replied, rubbing my back comfortingly.
As soon as those words left his mouth, I started crying, thinking the worst possible thoughts.
"We're gonna die," I sobbed.
"No, we're not. I'll keep you safe, I promise you that," he whispered.
He pushed my head into his chest, trying to muffle my sobs.
I only started crying and shaking more once I heard gunshots and people screaming.
"Shhh, try to stay quiet, honey," he whispered.
We sat down on the floor of the dressing room, holding onto each other for dear life and saying silent prayers that we would make it out of this mall alive.
We waited and waited, listening for police officers.
All of a sudden, Corbyn stood up.
"What are you doing?" I asked, starting to freak out.
"I'm just going to check outside and see if there is anyone out there. Like a police officer or anyone that needs help," he explained, causing me to freak out.
"No, Corbyn, you can't go out there. Please don't, please Corbyn," I sobbed, grabbing his hand.
He squatted down in front of me, wiping tears off my cheeks.
"I have to go, okay. It's going to be fine," he whispered.
"Promise me you will come back.....I need you to promise me."
He grabbed my hands and held onto them tight.
"I promise you that I will walk back into this dressing room and I will be alive and absolutely fine. But I need you to promise me that no matter what, and I'm serious, no matter what, you will not leave this dressing room for anything. Don't open this door for anything and do everything you have to do if you need to defend yourself."
"I promise."
He kissed me hard and then left.
I listened to his footsteps as he walked away from me.
I said a silent prayer and waited for him, my eyes shut tightly and my hair balled up in my fists.
All of a sudden I heard a knock on the door and I shot up, praying it was Corbyn.
"Corbyn?" I choked out.
"Baby, it's me. You can come out now, the police got him," Corbyn said and I could hear the relief in his voice.
I unlocked the door and fell into his arms, sobbing.
He eventually calmed me down and we left the store. I instantly froze, horrified. There were a few people laying on the floor, obviously dead. Some were injured and being helped and there was blood everywhere.
"Hey, don't look at that. Let's go," he said, covering my eyes and hurrying out of the mall.

Later that night, we laid in bed, our bodies as close as they could possibly be.
Our legs were tangled together and our arms were wrapped tightly around each other.
No matter how tight he held me or how many times he told me that I was safe, I still couldn't sleep.
"Babe, relax. Everything is okay," he said, kissing my head.
"I can't sleep, Corbyn. I thought I was going to lose you today. And seeing all those dead bodies. I can't ever unsee that," I cried.
"Hey, I know that seeing people dead is not a pleasant sight, but it wasn't your fault. And I'm right here. I'm okay. I'm alive. I'm never going to leave you. Now, just breathe, relax, and go to sleep," he comforted, holding me even tighter.
I took his advice and drifted off to sleep thinking about how thankful I was that we made it out alive and that my baby was safe.

∞༺♡༻✧
𝗽𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 - 12/11/19
𝑖 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢
∞༺♡༻✧