better off - jack avery

☁️better off - ariana grande☁️

☁️jack avery☁️

jack and i knew from the beginning we weren't meant to last. we were the fun couple. the risky, irrational couple.
we had some good times.
but it wasn't love.
we knew how to have fun, we knew how to party, we knew how to get drunk and we knew how to have sex.
but we didn't know how to love.
we didn't know how to disagree without screaming at each other. we didn't know how to be there for each other in bad situations. we didn't know how to sacrifice things for each other.
but we dove in head first anyway.
"don't you see, jack? this is the problem! we don't work things out, we never compromise for each other. we'd rather brush the problems under the rug and go fuck on the roof. it's not healthy," i said, tears suddenly forming as i knew our relationship was being sucked down the drain.
"i...i know. i get it, i just....i wanted this to work. you're one of my favorite people-"
"and you're one of my favorite people. jack, you're my best friend. you're just not my lover. we have had the best times, jack, but what future do we have?" i cried.
"i-i..dont cry, just...we don't," he sighed, growing upset because he knew it was the truth.
"i don't wanna cry and i don't want you to be upset, jack. we're just not meant to be," i stated, my tears like waterfalls.
"no, we're not," he said, biting his lip to hold back tears.
i walked to him and hugged him. he hugged back tightly, rocking me back and forth.
"you're always gonna be my best friend, jack. but right now, we're better off without each other."
"yeah, better off," he said.