𝕓𝕚𝕘 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕤 ♫ 𝕔𝕠𝕣𝕓𝕪𝕟 𝕓𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕠𝕟

He was working late.
Again.
Obviously I was proud of him. Obviously I was so happy that he was following his dreams.
But I missed him.
He would work all day and work all night. He would go some nights without sleep.
And I would stay up. Even if it just meant that I could facetime him for 10 minutes.
I just missed my boy and I wanted to spend some time with him. Is that selfish?
But he would tell me that he got real big plans for him and I. He would ask me to love him for who he is and for who he's gonna be. He would apologize for not having everything I wanted, but would assure me that he has everything I need. And he would thank me for taking a chance on him.

I stood backstage, smiling big, as I watched my boyfriend dance and sing his heart out with his four best friends for thousands and thousands of teenagers.
They finished their song and Corbyn stepped forward, starting to talk.
"Alright, this next song is one that we wrote pretty recently. I would like to dedicate this song to my beautiful girlfriend because this song kind of describes what our relationship used to be like,"
He looked over at me, smiling big.
"Thank you for always supporting me and believing in me. Thank you for staying up a countless amount of nights to make sure I got home safe or even just to facetime for a few minutes. Thank you so much for sacrificing everything so that I could follow my dreams. I love you forever, babe. Now, here is Big Plans," he said.
The song started and tears instantly ran down my cheeks.
I hadn't heard the song yet, but it was so beautiful.
I smiled and listened to their angelic voices from the left wing, silently thanking god for blessing me with such a beautiful souls that I could call mine.
The song ended and Corbyn ran off stage to kiss me and wipe the tears off my cheeks.
"Corbyn, that song is so beautiful," I said.
"No, you're beautiful. Thank you for helping me become who I am today," he said.
"I always knew you could do it," I smiled.
"I told you, babe. I had real big plans."

Big Plans - Why Don't We

"𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚊 𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎"