37, 75, 100 ❁ 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘦𝘭 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘺

∞༺♡༻✧
"𝑘𝑖𝑠𝑠 𝑚𝑒"
"𝑖𝑚 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑒. 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑝 𝑎𝑠𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔"
"𝑏𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑑? 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔?"
∞༺♡༻✧

I was sitting at the table of my best friend, Daniel's, house. He lives in LA and I'm going to college in New York, so we barely see each other anymore.
He doesn't know that I'm here, I'm surprising him.
After a few minutes of waiting, I heard the doorknob jostle.
I watched the door as it slowly opened and an injured looking Daniel stumbled inside.
He instantly made eye contact with me and his whole face lit up. He ran to me and engulfed me in one of those bear hugs I always loved, but I hugged back weakly, still shocked by his appearance.
"What are you doing here?" he asked, staring directly into my eyes, is blue eyes shining.
"I..I came to surprise you, but....but what happened to you?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowing at the sight of his bruised cheek.
"Oh...it't noth-"
"Blood? Are you bleeding?" I cut him off, noticing the blood under his nose and behind his ear.
"I..it's nothing, really. I'm fine."
"No, Daniel, what happened? You're seriously bleeding."
"Nothing happened. I'm fine."
"Who did this to you?"
"I'm fine. Stop asking." he said, coldly.
"Define the word fine because I don't think you're fine if you're bleeding and bruised," I shot back.
"It's just a little blood,, stop freaking out."
"I don't care if it's one drop of blood or all the blood in your body! You shouldn't be bleeding at all. What the hell happened?" I asked again.
"Look, I got jumped, okay! It's not that big a deal. I live in fucking Los Angeles, it's literally inevitable."
"Okay, well let's go get you cleaned up."
I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards his bathroom.
"No. I do-"
I cut him off once again.
"Shut the fuck up and let me help you."
At this point, he knew that it would be easier to just cooperate.
He sat on his bathroom counter while I grabbed a towel and some rubbing alcohol for the scratch on his neck.
I gently cleaned his neck and then his nose.
There was blood on the bruise on his cheek and as soon as I put the towel on his face, he winced and pulled my hand away.
We stood in silence for a moment before he released my wrist.
"Sorry if this hurts," I mumbled, before I tried to quickly wipe the blood from the bruised part of his face.
As soon as I was done, I threw the rag in his laundry basket and turned back to him, instantly noticing the tears in his eyes.
"You okay?" I asked.
"Yeah, that just hurt like a motherfucker," he whispered, clearly trying to prevent the tears from falling.
"I know, I'm sorry. Don't cry, it's okay."
Once again, we stood in silence, our eyes locked together.
"Kiss me," he whispered.
I obeyed, without hesitating.
We had both waited way too long for this moment and we both knew it.
I guess it was just a nervous thing.
We only broke apart for air, our foreheads resting on each other.
"I love you, Daniel. So much."
"I love you too. So much. As soon as you finish college, you're moving out here with me."
"Yeah, I'm kind of scared to leave you alone now. I hate seeing you all beat up like that." I replied.
"Are you kidding? I've been worried about you since the day you left for college. Manhattan is just as dangerous, especially for a pretty girl like you."
My face heated up, causing me to hide in his neck.
"Whatever. We're both alive and well, and that's what matters."
"True that."

∞༺♡༻✧
𝗽𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 - 2/26/20
𝑖 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢
∞༺♡༻✧