Chapter Seven (Part One)

The next morning...

Ugh, Monday.

Ugh, new school.

Ugh, life.

Today is the day that I have to go to my new, possibly permanent school.

To be honest, I thought it was just a prank that I have to go to a charter school again. Yes again. 

"Jasmine, get up! It's time for your first day of school!" Mom exclaimed. I get so cranky when it comes to waking up. Especially for school. 

I got up from my comfortable bed and went straight to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and I looked disgusting. 

I took off my clothes and went in the shower. For my daily routine, I always have my phone with me at all times because my phone is my life. Nah, not really. I get my phone taken away more than anyone else. 

My music is on speaker, blasting Come Together by Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson is a pop icon and he's my role model. Sure, he fucked up some things in life, but who cares? He still do his thing before he passed away. I wished I could've seen him in person.

I let the warm water pass through my entire body, not leaving an inch of my skin without water. While the music is on blast, I started to think what the school's like. Do they have a shit ton of security? Are the people badasses? All those questions that surrounded my brain constantly. Is Will going to be going to school?

Why the hell would I think about Will now? Because you're thirsty. Fuck that shit. I'm not thirsty for him. I'm not thirsty for any guy. Not ever.

After twenty minutes, I got out of the shower and went to my bedroom. I dried myself off and put on my school uniform.

This uniform is ugly, I thought to myself. I should give it a makeover. First, it's the school shirt. It's a plain white shirt that has nothing on it. From the email I got from Leon, I supposed to tuck in the shirt. Yeah, no. 

I put on the shirt without tucking it in. Next, it was the black dress pants. I'll leave that one as it is. The blazer was next. I rolled the sleeves up so that it goes up near half of my arms. After that, it was the shoes. The shoes have to be black, so I put on my Vans. 

Yeah, they were black and white, but who cares? Lastly, it was the tie. The tie was black and white. It has to be tight and fixed. I loosened the tie a bit. Well, I lied. I didn't fix it at all. I left the tie loose and cool. 

I brushed my dark brown hair with my comb and let it flow. I don't like makeup that much so I put on a bit of lip gloss and eyeliner. 

Shit, I should have books in my bookbag. I grabbed a couple of notebooks from my shelves and dropped it in my black Jansport bag. 

I feel comfortable and stylish at the same time. But I look ugly as hell. 

I grabbed my keys, wallet, and phone with my phone charger and went out the room. I headed downstairs and I see my mom and dad sitting on the table eating food. 

"Are you ready for your first day," Dad asked me.

"Of course, I'm ready for school," I sarcastically said. 

Mom rolled her eyes. "Do you want to take Dad's car?"

"Nah, I'll take my bike."

"That death machine? Why did you buy it anyway?" Dad asked.

"Because I like it and I bought it with my own money," I answered.

"You shouldn't. It's just there and--"