Chapter Thirty

Will's POV

Adrian is my brother. My crazy brother.

I don't like asking for favors, especially to him because he's a inconsiderate asshole that cares only to himself.

He left Dad and I as a few months after Mom died. Then, he started to get crazy.

He started to get into fights and go in and out of jail. The longest time he was there was a year. I haven't seen him for two years.

I haven't gotten to the point that I can figure him because he left us when we needed him the most. It made me hate him.

The ride to his apartment felt like I was driving to death. Every time I talk to him, something always happens.

I have no other choice. Jobs didn't call me, I don't want Jasmine to get involved in this, and I can't even ask Dad for money because he's already in debt.

It's my mistake.

I parked a couple of blocks away so that he wouldn't find out what car I'd driven in. I don't trust him.

I walked towards his apartment and I rang the bell.

"Who is it?"

"Will."

The door immediately opens and I walked in. Why am I so nervous all of a sudden?

I walked up the stairs and I saw his apartment number with something in, I think Arabic.

I knocked on the door and the door opened. I saw him in gym shorts and a white t-shirt.

"I'm surprised that you're here," he said. "Come in." I walked inside of his apartment.

It changed the last time I was here. I saw a few paintings, new furniture, and a lot of Muslim things.

"It's been a while," I commented. I sat on his comfortable couch. I have to be nice. "So how you been?"

"I'm good," he answered. He sat across from me. "I'm in a community college now and I have a stable job. What about you?"

"I'm okayish. I got into a bit of a situation."

He sighed. "Is that what you'd came here for? For some money?"

"No!" I exclaimed. "I wanted to see how you been."

"Will, I know your tricks," he said. "I tried looking for you, but you're nowhere to be found. I wrote letters for you. No response."

"Don't put this on me!" I exclaimed again. "Who told you to sell drugs and start fights? No one. Who told you to leave Dad and I when Mom left? No one. Who told you to be a fucking asswipe? No one."

He sighed. "Will, I'm sorry. But there's a reason why I left."

"Okay what is it?"

"I was already in deep shit with a gang. They told me if I didn't give any money back, they would've killed you and Dad."

"So you had to leave your family for..."

"Protection, Will," he answered. "I sold drugs to give them the rest of the cash. The cops came and killed most of the gang. But I got arrested for selling drugs."

"Who was still there?"

"Some guy named Luke," he answered. "I haven't seen him for a couple of years."

"Shit," I cursed.

"Don't tell me that you're dealing with him."

I nodded. "I met him a year ago by a race track. But a month ago, I sort of crashed a car of his and I have to pay two thousand dollars."