Chapter Forty

Jasmine's POV

Oh, it's just me, myself and I
Solo ride until I die
Cause I got me for life
(Got me for life, yeah)
Oh I don't need a hand to hold
Even when the night is cold
I got that fire in my soul

The timer goes down to thirty minutes. Tick tock.

Thirty agonizing minutes to be on this earth.

I lost.

I couldn't even beat a twat like Kayla and the handcuffs is keeping me ...

Wait, the handcuffs.

With my fingernails, I can cut loose the handcuffs. Why haven't I thought of this before?

The handcuffs fell on the floor. I saw my wrists and it became black and blue.

Twenty-nine minutes.

Where's the exit in this place?

I got up from the wooden chair and started walking slowly. The echo of my shoe bothered me a little bit, but there was another echo that was coming.

I saw a closet that was really dusty.
"Don't worry, I'll check on her!" The sound of Luke's voice.

Shit. Now, I'm actually going to die. Unless... I felt in my pocket that all of my weapons were out, except for one. The mace.

The footsteps got really close and I saw Luke's figure.

"Shit, she got away," he whispered.

"You're looking for me, Conrad?" I walked towards him with the mace behind my back.

"How did you-- why did you--" He didn't have anything on him to what I see, but I know I have something up my sleeves.

"Shh!" I whispered. I came a bit closer to him. "You know, you look really sexy in that shirt of yours."

Ugh, I think I'm actually going to throw up my own throw up.

"Vega, what are you talking about?" He questioned.

"Luke, we haven't had that much time together and I thought that we could have something," I started. My footsteps started to closer to him. "When I first met you at the car place, I knew that I had to get you."

"Oh really?"

He doesn't look intrigued. Time to try harder.

"Well yeah," I answered. "The way you lick your lips when your mouth is dry, when you fight people when they get in your way, now that turns me on."

"You're seventeen and I'm thirty-four."

"Age ain't nothing but a number." I got really close to him and started to feel his abs.

No weapons there.

Then, I'd checked around his sides. No weapons there.

I checked everywhere and he was unarmed. That's weird. Kayla's right. He isn't the brightest person.

"Damn, you're actually liking me right now," he commented. He started to feel around my back and down under.

Oh, I really wish that I could kill him now, but that would make me go to jail if I come out alive.

Just stick to the plan.

"You like that?" He commented. "I knew you liked me. I'm irresistible."

"Of course," I said with gritted teeth. I would rather jump off a building into a pile of nails than liking you.

"Alright then." Luke planted one on me than I least expected. I let go immediately. "What's wrong?"