Chapter Fifteen

*Sophie's POV*

I didn't speak to anyone since I got home because I was super tired. My phone said it's 6:31pm and I finally told myself that I have to wake up.

I saw that I had two missed calls from Jasmine so I called her back.

"Hi, this is Jasmine."

"Hey, what's--"

"I'm busy right now so please leave a message and I'll get right back to you when I get a chance. Thanks and have a nice day."

*beep*

"Yo, this is your main chick speaking. You called me and I called you back. You better not that much fun without me. Call me back. It's Soph, by the way." I hanged up and went downstairs to see if there's anything to eat.

I heard Mom and Rachel talking so I wanted to scare them for no reason. I tiptoed downstairs and walked to the kitchen.

"Boo ..." I stared at the person that was with them and immediately I feel anger.

"Sophie, I'm glad I can see you again."

I stared at the person, losing my appetite.

"Soph, don't be rude," Mom said.

"Hi Dad."

"Can I get a hug?" He asked me.

"You deserve nothing." I walked upstairs angrily and went to my bedroom.

Who he trying to think that everything's okay and peachy? He left Mom, Diego, and I in the damn dust with nothing to live on. He doesn't deserve any type of respect.

None.

I heard a knock on my door, and I groaned. "Please go away." The door opened.

"Soph?"

"Diego, how did you open my door? I locked it."

"You don't know me at all, don't you? Anyway, what happened?"

"Its nothing really," I lied. "Just a little disagreement between--"

"Dad?" He questioned. "I heard. You were loud."

"It's like he abandoned us for so long and then he waltzes out of nowhere, thinking that I'm going to welcome him with open arms."

"I did," he said. "I don't remember anything that happened with Dad. I'm not going to say that I trust him but he's our father."

"Can we stop talking about this? I'm getting a headache."

He sighed. "Okay. So about that friend of yours ..."

"Who?" I asked. "I have a bunch of them."

"Girl with the brown hair and has a bike," he answered.

"Jasmine?"

"Yeah," he said with a smile on his face. "She's hot."

"You're not getting with her. She's too old for you."

"Age ain't nothing but a number," he said. "I could just--"

"Ew no," I say with a disgusted look on my face.