Chapter Twenty-Three

Why is he here? Just why? Is it because he wants to protect me? I'm still not even sure that he's my stepbrother.

"Nice to meet you, Nate," Will said, giving him a handshake.

"The same to you," Nate replied.

"Hi," I said.

"Hey," he replied with a small smile on his face.

"Okay, who's ready to bowl?" Soph asked everyone.

"I am," Nate answered. "How about you, Will and Jasmine?"

"Hell yeah," Will replied. "Can't wait to beat Vega's ass."

"Fuck out of here," I retorted. "I'm the queen of bowling."

"You sure?" He questioned. "Maybe I was talking about something sexual."

"Will, stop being so nasty all the time," Soph suggested. "We have a guest." She starts driving the car and turned on the music player on her car. The song 0 to 100 by Drake came on and everyone was singing along.

Fuck being on some chill shit
We go 0 to 100 niggas, real quick
They be on that rap-to-pay-the-bill shit
And I don't feel that shit, not even a little bit

***

We arrived at the the bowling arena a few minutes later and we all got out the car. It's going to be so awkward that my "new" brother that no one knows about is here, but I just want to know how he knows Sophie.

"Sparkle, you okay?" Will asked me.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I answered. "Let's go bowl."

We all went inside and the place wasn't that packed surprisingly. We paid separately for our entrance and our bowling shoes. Nate kept looking at me, giving me the 'brotherly look' and I'm afraid that people are going to be suspicious.

"Okay, we should go against each other to make things interesting," Nate suggested.

"That's a great idea," Will agreed. "Winner gets a lap dance."

"Seriously?" Soph questioned. "Why everything you have to say have to be so sexual?"

"It's only fun when it is," he answered. "So what do you say?"

"The loser have to go to a pharmacy store and ask for tampons and condoms," I say. "The winner gets five dollars each from all of us."

"Deal," they all agreed.

Let the games begin.

***
The last time I'd bowl was when I was in the sixth grade. I used to win a lot against my family. The good old days when I wasn't that crazy.

Nate set up the scoreboard and everyone else was warming up. Soph was stretching and Will keeps saying some motto.

"So, you must be wondering how I got here." I walked over to Nate when he said that.

"How do you know Sophie?" I asked. "How did you know that I'm going to be here?"

"My wonderful sister, you have to know that I can hack into your phone easily. And, I know you were friends with her so I decided to be friends with her as well."

"Don't tell me you're friends with benefits."

"No, we're just friends," he stated. "I'm not looking for no one right now. I'm just here to protect you."

"Hey, you guys ready?" Will asked when he and Soph have bowling balls in their hands.

"Game on, sis."