Chapter Fourteen

Two weeks later...

"Who is our Secretary of State?"

"Can I Google it?"

The past two weeks was a blur for me. I was doing all of my work, and report cards were today. I was finally passing everything, except a C in Art.

"No, you can't Google it," Mr. K answered to a question. "We went over it yesterday. Sophie?"

"Well you see, I was going to do my homework for it and--"

"Sophie, the excuses are getting old." I raised my hand. "Jasmine?"

"John something," I answered. Then, I thought it through. "Kerry?"

"So only Jasmine did their homework?" Mr. K asked the class.

"I did, but I didn't want to participate," Will said. "I'm a shy person."

"Oh really?" Mr. K questioned. "Now, how come I hear you screaming with your little posse about stupid crap?"

"I don't know those people," Will replied. The bell rang just in time, and everyone started to pack up their stuff.

"Oh, and class?"

Everyone starts to groan, including me.

"We will be doing a project and I will explain the details tomorrow," Mr. K said. "Think about who you are going to working with. It has to be a group of three. Okay, now run away." Everyone scattered like bees, and Sophie and I walked in our regular pace.

"We're going to work together, right?" She asks me.

"No, I'm going to work with a freckled potato," I said sarcastically.

"Well, have fun with that." She starts to frown. "I'll be alone with my little Hispanic self."

"Soph, you're not a good actress," I said.

"I can if I want to, bro," she replied. "I'm a boss ass bitch." We both walked out the door, and walked the hallways towards the staircase. "So how was the date?"

"It wasn't a date," I corrected. "And it was fine. I sort of worked with him in his mom's bakery."

She starts to squeal. "You met his mom?! Oh my gosh, I just made a power couple!"

"Shh!" I exclaimed. "Why do you talk so loud?"

"Because you and Trey are met for each other!" She exclaimed. "Or you and Will." She starts to smirk.

"I would rather be with Steve Urkel."

"Did I do that?!" She exclaimed in a nasally voice. I laughed, and we walked down to the basement.

"Why is your locker so far away?" She asked, whining. "I think I broke a sweat for just walking."

"You can't break a sweat for walking down the stairs," I said.

"Alright smarty pants. Look at you learning your step psychology."

I chuckled. "Why thank you." I opened my locker, and I see something falling down.

"What's that?" She asked. I opened the piece of paper.

From Unknown

I was steaming with anger when I see Unknown written on the paper.

"It's my paper that I folded for Anatomy class," I lied. "Someone gave it to me but I don't know why they stuffed it inside my locker."