Chapter Twenty-One

Will's POV

"Well Will, you started to make an effort for a little bit until you got suspended," my parole officer Patrick said when he looked at my daily report from two weeks ago.

I'm usually at his office every week but I forgot to go last week. Patrick is not that strict but he tells things straight up with no bullshit.

From the meeting I had with the principal and Dad, they didn't let me off that easy. I got suspended for a week and a half. Dad didn't get as pissed as he used to, so it really didn't matter to him.

"I messed up," I admitted.

"No, Will. You didn't mess up. You always fuck up."

"But I didn't know what I was thinking though."

"Why would you spray paint and you knew that you will get caught?" He asked me. "You have to change or else karma's going to bite you in the ass. Were you angry at something so you would do something like this?"

"It's for a girl. A girl named Jasmine."

"So you spray painted your school for a girl named Jasmine?" He questioned. "That's one of the most stupidest things I have ever heard this week."

And this is why he doesn't care if you get mad.

"I thought you--"

"Will, it's your high school diploma on the line. Your principal told me that if you mess up one more time, you're not going to graduate."

"Shit," I cursed. I have got to have at least a high school diploma right now because I don't feel like repeating.

"And for a girl?" Patrick questioned again. "You haven't done a petty thing for anyone before. Why her?"

"I don't know," I answered. "It's like she's a bad ass and I just want to impress her, you know?"

"Do you like her?"

"Look, I don't want to put my feelings out there--"

"Just tell me the damn answer."

"I do. I do like her."

I don't have a lot of feelings towards a bunch of girls before and most of the time, they want to play. Damn bitches.
But Jasmine, I get on her nerves a lot just because I love her reactions. And she's cute, so that's a bonus. I just can't explain why I like her.

"Why don't you tell her?"

"I think she likes Trey. He's the guy that all the girls likes. He's outgoing, the go to person, and all that petty things people be saying. Who cares about that shitty prick?"

"Seems like you're jealous," Patrick said.

I gave out a sour laugh. "Yeah right. Me jealous of that dude? He should be jealous of me. He's the one who mess things up and I get blamed for it." He messed it up. Always had.

"Don't let him get into your skin. You do you."

"You have no idea what he has done."

"I don't care," he spat. "Don't get in trouble again or your ass going to repeat your senior year."

He's right. I don't want to fuck up this year for petty shit. I don't know what I'm doing for the rest of my life or how to do it.

"Alright. I think I should be in the army."

He starts to laugh. "Seriously? They don't deal with that petty bullshit."

"Patrick, I have no money to go to college for right now and I don't know what to do for my life. Don't judge me."