Chapter Thirty-Seven

Song of the Chapter: Me, Myself, and I by G-Eazy ft. Bebe Rexha

Jasmine's POV

All that I'd done throughout my life had been wasted.

Since at the young age of twelve, I'd changed into a different person.

But this ends now.

If I die now, then I won't have to worry about being in jail for the rest of my life.

If I don't, I could be tortured by this weird person that wants to kill me.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

Where my stalker is.

I'm not going to let this ruin me.

I'd booked a place from a hotel in Miami and of course, I had a fake ID just for my persona.

I'd ditched the wig, cut my hair, and dyed it to pure black.

No one could ever suspect it

Now that Philadelphia, New York, and New Jersey know who I am, more and more news stations are doing the same thing.

It's crazy that I was just an innocent girl and then, this happened. I'm running. Actually running for my life.
I still have my current title in my head.

Jasmine Vega, America's Most Wanted.

It does put a ring on it.

In about a day, I predict that NBC in Florida will make a report on this and then, people would search for me because of the following reasons.

1. I'm a minor.
2. My previous record with the law.
3. Thought that I did computer fraud and stole money from Thomas Blackburn's mother.
4. My dumb face.

I have to protect myself. This crazy bitch is going to have a weapon.

I walked to the bathroom and started to look at myself.

Look at you, I told myself. Why are you running?

I'm running away from everything.

But I have to remember. No one wants me back.

Mom and Dad.

They'd tried so hard to take care of me and what do I do? Cause a scene and they have to pay thousands of dollars.

I'm a horrible daughter.

Sophie.

We had our faults, but she was right. I shouldn't use everyone to get what I want. I shouldn't play the pity card for every reason.

I'm a horrible friend.

Leon.

He didn't stick up for me when I was at the precinct. But he might as well stop trying. He needs his job.

His sister passed away. And I let him come to me when I wanted him to.

He kissed me. And he could get in trouble for it. Maybe he wanted to save himself for once.

I'm a horrible delinquent.

Nate.

An obsessed brother. I didn't know him that much, but who knows? If he's actually my brother, then Mom and Dad can be a normal family.

Without me.

He can be my replacement.

He knows everything about me in such small time, and what do I do? Backed away.

I'm a horrible sister.

Will.

After all the crap we did, I don't know if I want to call him as a friend. But, he'd helped me live for once. Hell, I went to a car race and won.

To be honest, I don't know why I kissed him back. I only like him as a friend.

I'm a horrible frenemy.

Trey.

I don't know what to feel about him. He had been nothing but nice to me and I'd treated him like a bitch. A stupid bitch.

This guy actually liked me when we were kids and I didn't even notice. I was paying attention to some other guy that didn't give a shit about me.
I didn't even say goodbye to him. He was the last person that I would ever talk to.

He was there every time when I needed help. He was there all this time.

I think I was in love, but now, I'd ruined it.

I'm a horrible ... fuck, I'm so horrible.

You're disgraceful. You're dumb. You're stupid. You're worthless.

All that I'd done. I'd sang for Michael Baker and now, he won't let me in his record company. I'd ruined my parents life. I'm probably not going to finish high school.

My eyes were filled with tears. How did I come to this? Was I a bad child to be here?

Should I let myself go? Should I end this?

I was thinking of the shiny weapon that was inside the bedroom.

No. I'm not going to. This stalker isn't going to win without a fight.

I went back to the bedroom and saw my phone lighted up. How can a person text me, but I took off the SIM card from the phone?

Tonight. You and me. 8pm. At the abandoned bowling ring in Fort Lauderdale. See you soon :)

The stalker texted me the address. I have about twelve hours left, so I decided instead of sitting around, I'm going to the boxing ring.

There was one near the hotel from what I found from Google. I saw the gun and immediately, I hid it.

Where should I hide it?

Pillows? Stupid. Under the bed? No, people could find it.

Fuck it, I'm taking it with me. I'm already wanted, having an unlicensed gun is just going to add.

I had my stuff when I was living in the hotel in New York and took it with me. Luckily, no one caught me at that moment.

I took out the bullets from the gun and hid it inside of my duffle bag. .

It wasn't that hard to get one, unfortunately. All you needed was a good ID and some paperwork.

How else would I protect myself? This stalker could have a weapon too.

I put the gun strapped on my right side of my back and took the things that I needed.

Just a few more hours. I could be alive or dead.

I'm ready.