Chapter Twenty-Eight

Jasmine's POV

"Jasmine, did you go to the precinct yet?" Mom asked me.

It was a couple of days later when Janie came at the house. Mom has been distracted lately.

"I didn't go there since last week," I said. I don't know how to go in there since Leon and I had a make out session in his car. He might lose his job for this.

"Well, you have to go to today."

"Why?" I asked.

"So that you and your father can talk about something in private."

Maybe they're talking about the whole "me going to New York thing".

I nodded my head. "Have fun."

***

I'd listened to what Mom said and went to the precinct. How am I going to do this? I walked towards his office and I knocked on the door.

The door was locked.

"Jasmine?" I turned around and saw Patrick with paperwork in his hands.

Patrick is another parole officer that I know of because of Leon. He's cool and he buys me food sometimes.

"Hey, where's Leon?" I asked.

"Um, well..." He sighed. "His sister died."

My heart dropped. Just last week, I heard his sister was in the hospital again and now, she died?

"He took a week off to be with his family in Canada," Patrick said. "What was you going to ask him?"

"I was going to ask if I'm allowed to go to a different state."

"Yeah you can," he answered. "You didn't do anything wrong or illegal, but someone has to come with you."

I groaned. "Why?"

"Leon told me that you're not off parole until you're out of high school. Guess he had a gut feeling that you were going somewhere."

"Well then. But fine. I'll find someone to come with me."

"Good," he replied. "I'll see you later." I waved at him and I left the precinct.

My vacation supposed to start tomorrow, but Willowcrest decided to be nice and gave the students an extra day.

I felt my phone was ringing and it was Dad.

"Hello?"

"Okay, we made our decision. You can come home."

"Sure?" I hanged up the call and got on my bike.

***
After twenty minutes, I reached my house once again. I opened the door and I saw Mom and Dad on the couch, looking at me.

"Okay, what happened?" I questioned.

"Sit," Mom ordered. Well shit. I sat down on the couch.

"Your father and I was thinking about what Janie was saying," Mom started. "First off, why didn't you tell us in the first place?"

"You guys wanted me to be a doctor and I don't want that. I'm a musician and I know that you won't support me."

"Why would you say that?" Dad asked me.

"Dad, I know you."

"But that doesn't mean that I won't support you," he commented. "I don't want to force you into anything but you have to tell me and your mom this first before you go on your own. You're only seventeen, not thirty."