Chapter Thirty-Three

Jasmine's POV

I thought my life was fine.

Finally, I had no worries.

But just for one allegation, it felt like I was thirteen again. The age that I started fucking shit up. I'd started to cut class, talked back to my teachers, and almost failed the eighth grade. I wasn't proud of myself, but there was  something in my body that thought it was okay.

Eventually, I had got arrested for stealing a thousand dollar watch when I was fourteen and was sent to juvie for a month. Mom and Dad were crying, but I'd felt no emotion.

I'd made some friends there, including a girl named Kim. She'd told me that she committed arson at her neighbor's house and she was sent to three years in juvie. It was her second year.

I didn't know what to expect here because the kids there were mentally unstable. Homicides, assaults, arson? I felt like my crime was petty. Extremely petty.

One of the police officers told me I had to get a parole officer. His name was Leon.

He had this figure that was breathtaking. With his short haircut and beard less face, he'd look gorgeous. But it hit me. He was a grown man and I was a kid. A lousy fourteen year old teenager.

He'd gave me the blunt truth that I'd needed. I felt like he was a drill sergeant and I was a cadet. From his loud voice and my ignorant mouth, we weren't on the best of terms. He'd yelled and I'd yelled back.

When I got older, I'd became less of annoying bitch and more stubborn. I'd went through six to seven high schools because for two reasons.

One, people were talking shit about me and I'd started to fight. And two, I didn't go to school at all and went through truancy.

I'd actually had the assignments from school because people texted it to me. Mom used to take my phone away and I'd always had backup phones.

Dad, on the other hand, couldn't take it anymore. He wanted me to leave a long time ago, probably living in Florida with my cousins. But, he had hoped that I could have changed.

Mom and Dad didn't know that I had a bad childhood outside the home and mostly in school. Teachers didn't recognize anything because they were too busy grading tests that were unimportant.

And having sex with the other teachers at local high schools.

Now, I could actually get arrested for something that I didn't do. People are just so closed minded that they will believe that I stole thousands of dollars. Maybe it has to do with the direct message from Twitter.

That account that gave me death threats and publicity harassed me is one of the main suspects. But I should be thinking about Sophie as well. She was usually with me since day one. But I think that she's hiding something.

When I'd walked out of the police department, I saw a man in the car, watching me. He told me that he was Sophie's father, but I couldn't believe anything a stranger was telling me. He'd probably had the idea that I was the crazy bitch that got arrested.

He told me some advice and of course, I didn't listen to a word he was saying. But something alarmed me. He said something about a guy that almost killed him because he didn't want to sell drugs anymore. Sophie told me a blurb of the story, but she also said that the guy's name started with an L.

I'd asked her Dad and he told me his name was Luke.

If I'm correct, it had to be the same Luke that was at the car park a couple of months ago, asking Will for his money. Maybe Luke had something to do with my arrest.

I'd remembered that I was still in New York, three hours away from Philly. I couldn't go to find some information from some people I couldn't reach to. But I could text them to find out anyone in Brooklyn.

And I did.

I'd went to a garage to find out some things; one of my acquaintances told me his friend's "office" was twenty minutes away to where I was staying. The guy's name was Xavier, or people called him X. He'd kept flirting with me the entire time, until I'd threatened him that his head was going to be chopped off by a sharp pocket knife I'd carried with me.

He'd seized the weird flirting and checked for Luke's name and reputation, and he had to narrow it down to a old white male druggy that had tattoos living in Philly. I saw his face in the laptop screen and the information. It went straight to the America's Most Wanted list.

Name: Luke Conrad
Age: 34
Sex: Male
Race/Ethnicity: Caucasian
Crime: Smuggled more than two hundred pounds of cocaine; homicide of fourteen year old Thomas Blackburn

"Click on the little boy," I'd told X. He'd listened and I saw a new tab with his face and a news story on the bottom. I saw Will and Trey's name on the news story. It was the same story Will had told me a couple of hours ago. The news story explained what happened and assumed that it was Will that killed Thomas because of his bloody hands and a gun in his pocket.

"I'd remembered this story," X blurted. "The thing is that I was a witness and it wasn't the guy with the gun."

"What do you mean?"

He'd gotten up from his chair and had a DVD in his hand. "I took a video of it because I knew someone that wanted to solve the case. I didn't give it to the police because they would automatically arrest me for some unpaid parking tickets."

He'd out the DVD in the laptop slot and I'd saw it. I saw that Thomas was down at the ground with someone looking at him.

It was probably Luke.

But then, I saw another person with a gun and shot Will in the leg. Trey came running for both of them.

I saw Will and Trey trying to give Thomas some air, but it seemed like he was dead on the spot.

They'd both argued until I saw Trey with a gun on him.

He tried to kill Will. But how come he didn't get hurt? Why did he blame it on Will?

Trey aimed the gun at Will. "You did this to me!"

Did what?

Then the DVD stopped.

My phone went off and I saw breaking news.

Teenage girl from Philadelphia, wanted for identity theft and fraud.

I'd saw my face at the screen with the story about how I'd stole Thomas Blackburn's mother identity to write faulty checks for the computer fraud allegation.

From xxPrincessKxx: That's what you get, bitch.

To xxPrincessKxx: I want to see you, face to face. I want to know who you really are.

From xxPrincessKxx: Okay, you'll meet me in Florida.

She'd texted me the address.

From xxPrincessKxx: No entourage. You and me.

To xxPrincessKxx: Fine. I'll be there by Friday.

"Ms. Gonzalez, you want anything to eat?" A flight attendant asked me.

Yep, I'm on my way to Florida, but I have to make a pit stop to Virginia first. I had to change my name with all the documents I had to a fake name. It'd worked.

Right now, I'm Emily Gonzales. By Friday, I'll finally live.

Things went down.

I wanted to make this point of view somewhat like a flashback, then present type of thing.

We're almost done the story 😢!

But I'm still thinking of an ending.

Well, I'll see you guys!

- Jaz