Chapter Twenty-Five

Jasmine's POV

I didn't go to school today.

I couldn't see anyone.

I wanted a day that I can think.

I kissed Trey. I made out with Will. I think I like Leon.

What is wrong with me?

It's always me.

I had to ask Leon to meet me at the park near Willowcrest. I can't keep this any longer. The problem is that I'm not legal.

I feel like a whore.

It's always about me and not others. I hate this shit.

"Jasmine, we need to talk." I turned around and saw Sophie. "I know."

"You know what?"

"You made out with Will and kissed Trey. Are you really trying to mess with their feelings?"

"It doesn't involve you."

"It actually does," she said. "Trey always talks about you like you're a queen and Will, he genuinely likes you. The day that we went bowling, he asked me if you're seeing anyone. And he talks on and on about you."

"Sophie, it's not your business."

"You really think that I could let you hurt them?" She questioned. "No, everyone was fine before you showed up."

"The hell does that mean? You're really pissing me off right now."

"Since you came, everyone had been falling on your knees for you and I'm just there in the corner. Everyone loves you, boys want to date you, and girls want to be you. Then you go on and on saying you had a bad life and shit like that. Your parents are fine, you're healthy, you're not on the streets. Stop fucking complaining."

"Sophie, you're fake. I don't have time for fake people in my life." I walked away before I could've done something stupid.

She really had the nerve to talk shit now. You know what?

Fuck friends.

***

I texted Leon a couple of hours later and told him to meet me at the park at Center City, which is downtown Philly.

He actually showed up with a grey hoodie and black jeans. He smiled at me and walked towards me.

"Alright Vega, every time we come to Center City, there's something wrong. What's up?"

"Sit."

He sat and so did I. I can't believe that I'm actually going to say this. But, I feel so selfish.

"Why did you came?" I asked. "I didn't know that you have to be with your sister. You can--"

"Jasmine, she told me to come here. So I came."

"Oh, tell her thanks," I said. "So, I don't know how to say this and it was bugging me."

"Okay, what is it?"

"Remember how you said a couple of months ago that it wasn't going to be easy and you said something else about that?"

"Yeah," he replied. "What about it?"

"You like me, don't you?"

He froze and started to look away. "How did you know?"

"I saw your note near the picture frame with me and you," I answered. "Why didn't you tell me?"