Chapter Forty-One

Jasmine's POV

"Get backup, pronto!"

"She's losing blood!"

"Get her to the ambulance!"

"Jasmine!"

"Mom, don't worry, I'll be right back!" I exclaimed.

"Bring me some milk," she replied.

I took the bus to the store to buy some junk food for me. I saw Trey and Kayla.
Together.

"You like her, don't you?" I heard Kayla's voice. "You like that stupid--"

"I swear if you say something like that one more time--"

"Or what? I'll tell her that you slept with me. I know that she likes you. We both know that you did."

I started to run back and I felt Kayla's aura coming towards me.

"I'll be back!" She exclaimed.

A mile later, I heard her screaming. "Come back here, bitch!"

I wasn't the best runner, but when I get chased, I run like a puma. I got it from experience.

She tackled me to the ground. "Now what have you heard?"

"Nothing, I swear!" I exclaimed.

"I will kill you, got it?" She warned. "I hate you, Vega. I really do. If you want to know, yes I may be pregnant. Don't tell anyone or else you'll be dead. Just like Thomas."

Jasmine.

Jasmine.

This is your conscious speaking to you.

I thought I was dead.

Well I wouldn't know. I'm just your conscious. I can tell you that you're fighting for your life right now.

What happened? I don't remember anything.

You was kidnapped and fought Kayla until she shot you in the chest. You stabbed her in the arm and the chest.

That bitch. I wanted her dead. Wait is she dead?

Oh I don't know. But luckily, the amusement park didn't blow up. The police came.

They always come so late. Wait, where's my parents? My friends?

Coming to see you. They're crying for you. Look, your parents were nonstop looking for you. Why can't you appreciate it?

They were sending me to England! They wanted to get rid of me because I'm a disgrace to the Vega family.

And how do you know that? With Nate that could be part of your family, they love you no matter what.

And Trey, Sophie, and Will?

You know that Sophie is a great friend. Kayla was messing your mind up. I was actually surprised that you fell for that.

I was stressed.

Trey loves you. You're scared to admit it. And you love him back. Jasmine, what are you waiting for? But I know. You're scared that he's going to leave like the eighth grade. Now if you can grow some confidence, you can keep him. Don't play the games.

Stop playing with Will and Leon.

You don't like Will that way. And for Leon, you're a minor. Do you know that he could get arrested for what you'd done? Then you'll never forgive yourself.

What should I do?

If you die, which I really don't know, you missed your chance for everything that you'd caused. If you don't, apologize to everyone that you'd caused damage to. They'll forgive you.

At least I sort of stabbed a crazy person. Isn't that a plus?

You could get arrested for attempted murder. It was self defense, but I don't know who the jury and the judge will feel about it.
Now wake up.