Ch37

{California}

4:21 a.m.

I've been here for almost a week now, and I hear that Karma's home, back in LA with her family. I wanted to apologize, but no one has been allowed to visit me after Jack's freak out. Bryn's left me letters and magazine clippings that remind her of me, the same things she'd point out to me back at the apartment. The nurse that checks up on me tells me about how Jack comes everyday and stands at the desk until they make him leave. No one trusts him around here, and Im starting to maybe even question myself.

"You need to rest," Nurse Jessica opened my door.

"I can't sleep." I played with the trim on my night gown.

"How about a walk?" She asked, wheeling over the wheelchair I had been using.

Sitting up, I detached my fingers monitor carefully setting it on the table that held my styrofoam cup. I winced in pain as my feet were being gently let down over the side of the bed.

She wheeled me out of room 411 and down the empty hallways.

"He tried to check himself into the hospital today." She blatantly spoke, turning the corner.

"Who did?"

"That Jack boy." She paused. "The staff is starting to get annoyed." She laughed pulling my hair back.

"We fought the last time we talked, he's probably just trying to clear the air." I avoided the baby topic.

"I don't know California, I think he really loves you."

7:26 a.m.

I still haven't slept, and I can feel it in my chest. Mushy oatmeal and a banana was for breakfast today, along with the plethora of new pills I was prescribed.

I'm watching SpongeBob right now, something I haven't watched since I was a child, laying on my fathers chest.

The generic ring of the rooms telephone rang and I thought it was my nurse.

"Hey-"

"Is this California?" They whispered.

"Depends, who is this?" I asked, unable to make out the muffled voice.

"It's me, Jack."

"Oh-" I paused.

"You're okay, right?" He asked, almost forcing conversation.

"I'm always okay."

"You're mad at me." He accused.

"Seems about right," I hung up the telephone reaching for my distasteful cranberry juice.

It went off again.

"Please just talk to me," He begged.

"I'm sorry, who is this?" I asked about to hang up again.

"I wanted that baby to survive." His words enticed me.

"W-what do you mean?" I asked, picking at my nails.

"I want those things with you, California. But don't you think we're still too young? I would've gladly taken care of that child, but I know we would've fallen apart in the process."

"You don't know that." I defended.

"We're only seniors, of course things would've crumbled." His soft laugh made me feel at home.

"I'm going to get in trouble for being on the phone." I lied, lowly whispering.

I just wanted to think, was he seriously saying these things? What teenage boy wants a child?

"You're a terrible liar, but I'll let you go." I could hear his smile through the line.

"Okay."

"After college, you, me, and a baby boy." Jack promised.

"What if it's a girl?" I asked, unable to control the smile on my face.

"It'll be a boy."

"Okay, I'm going to go sleep now." I smiled, finally feeling up to it.

"You do that, Princess. I'll call you later today." He said before hanging up.

-
So I've decided I'm going back to continue writing, thank you everyone who commented last update and told me how you feel about my book, it motivates me a lot.

New chapter most likely tomorrow, love you guys.

{vote}