Ch22

Bryn's POV
"Let's go to back to my place." Sam whispered in my ear.

"Let's not." I pushed him away feeling his hot breath on my neck.

"Why not?" He frowned tripping over his own feet.

"You're drunk." I started to walk away holding up the bottom of my dress.

"But I miss you." He sobbed.

"He's drunk, Bryn. Don't fall for it." I whispered to myself continuing towards the exit.

"Please don't leave me."

"Sam- I have to go." I closed my eyes holding back tears.

"But I love you." He walked up behind me.

"Fuck it." I gave in longing to feel again.

It wasn't long before Sam sloppily kissed my lips, holding the sides of my hips in his hands. The taste of hatred and tequila engulfed the kiss making me feel stupid for my poor decisions.

"Sam-" I broke the kiss biting down on my bottom lip.

"What?- What is it?" He stuttered.

"Tell me you want me." I looked up into his dilated eyes.

"I-I want you." He pushed back my loose curls.

"Let's get out of here." I seductively whispered walking towards the exit.

At this point he was literally putty in my hands, he followed quickly behind me towards his shiny black car.

"What happened to your car?" I laughed looking at the engraved lettering.

"Really?" Sam cried looking at the clearly visible writing.

I broke out into laughter looking over at drunken Sam having a taste of his own medicine.

"C'mon are we gonna go or what?" I asked getting into the passengers seat.

"My parents are gonna kill me." He cringed starting up the car.

"Why's the car wobbling?" I panicked looking over.

"Not my tires." Sam sighed dropped his head onto the horn punching the dashboard.

"We can just do it here." I crawled over the center console siting on his lap.

I traced the outline of his jaw looking at the darkish purple bruises.

"He got you good, didn't he?" I sighed caressing his cheek.

Cali's POV

"She's all that I have left." I heard my mom cry from upstairs.

Shooting out of bed I skipped down the stairs running towards the kitchen.

"W-what do you mean I'm all you have left?" I stuttered beginning to lose my balance.

"California-" My mom wiped her eyes walking towards me.

"Don't touch me." I stepped back.

"I thought you were sleeping-"

"Mom- what do you mean?" I spoke sternly.

"Your dad, he's been injured." She cried falling into Jack's arms behind her.

Five years overseas and you'd begin to think he was indestructible, but now my thoughts began to waver.

"It can't be him." My lips trembled.

My moms cries grew even louder after I spoke.

"He'll be okay, right?" I asked slowly feeling my legs go numb.