Ch11 | unforgettable

"I'll be staying right across the street, please don't hesitate to call me if you need anything." Jack sat in the taxi cab, me being left to grab my things.

"Okay," I tucked strands of hair behind my ear, all of my bags lying at the curb.

Jack's eyes studied my dorm, a prominent frown etched onto his beautiful face.

"I'm sorry I can't go up there right now," A forced laugh falls from his captivating lips.

"I might hurt someone." He stared down at his tanned knuckles.

"No I understand," My voice trails off, offense laced in my spoken words.

"Right across the street, remember that." His hand finds my own, gently squeezing it.

"Got it." I pipe, tears threatening to fall.

"Goodbye California," The cab pulls away, jacks hand resting against the windows frame.

Don't cry, don't you dare cry.

By the time I reached the room, my hand was tingling from the weight of the duffle, my white fingers eventually turning back to their usual beige tint.

I couldn't bring myself to knock, Jack's already decided room situation floating around in my head. He didn't hesitate to purchase a room at the overpriced villa across the street, my presence probably being a burden.

Small voices filled the room before me, Kendall's laugh growing fonder. I fiddled with the key in my hand before opening the mahogany door with great effort.

Once the lock finally budged I fell through the entryway landing on my knees.

"Fuck." I hissed, my duffle strangling one of my wrists.

The voices were silenced, Kendall rushing over to help me up.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" Her small hands were at my sides, attempting, to lift me up.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." I shook her grip before pushing my straightened strands of hair out of my face.

Once I regained my balance I looked around the room for the other source of laughter, my knees buckling beneath me.

"Oh my god," I gaped, his face lit up at my discovery.

"Would you look at that," He smirked, his arms folded across his chest.

My stomach churned watching him sit up on my bed, both of his legs dangling off of the side.

"Am I missing something?" Kendall laughed, finding her way back to her own cot.

"Oh just acquaintances from high school, Carrie was it?" Sam smiled sickly, amusement written all over his face.

"Cali," I gritted my teeth, my eyebrows drawn together.

"Oh right." He laughs jumping down from my bed, messing up my duvet.

I bawled my fists walking towards my bed before throwing my duffle on top of it, my patience wearing thin.

A small knock occurred on the other side of the bed, Sam obliging to answer it.

Figuring it was just a delivery man I began to unpack my bag, hoping to distract myself from his presence.

"Oh look!" Sam exclaimed, the door expanded completely.

"Why are you here?" A stern voice questioned, the visitor walking through the door.

"Jack?" The surprise was obvious in my voice.

After quickly exchanging looks he had caught on that I had no idea why Sam was here.