Ch6

Sam's POV

After a few minutes of trying to keep Jack away from Cali he finally gave up and sat at the back of the boat.

"You okay over there?" I looked over at Cali.

"Just thinking." She wiped her tear stained cheeks.

I sighed not knowing what to say to the crying girl sitting beside.

"It's gonna be okay."

"Because it's not happening to you." She defended.

"It's just I've been hurt so many times and I thought Jack was different you know? But once again here I am picking up the broken pieces. Love fucking sucks." She continued starring off in the distance.

"You're telling me." I chuckled driving the boat a little faster.

"What do you mean?" She asked with confusion in her voice.

"I can't tell you how many girls have walked into my life and left like it was nothing." I shook my head.

"Sam I'm sorry-"

"No it's fine, I kinda like being single." I shrugged.

"Cheers to that." She agreed standing up next to me.

"Can I drive?" She asked looking up at me.

"Of course." I stepped out of her way.

The face she made when she realized she was actually driving the boat was priceless. The way her eyes lit up almost made you forget she had just been crying five minutes ago.

"This is awesome!" She smiled up at me making the boat go faster.

"It's all you!" I shouted over the loud motor.

Once the dock came into sight Cali gave me back to steering wheel to pull it up right next to the post so I could tie it down.

"Thanks Sam that was fun." She genuinely smiled grabbing her towel.

"Anything for you." I followed her off the boat.

We laughed walking up to the house only to have Jack bombard us trying to talk to Cali.

"Give it up man." I scoffed pushing past him.

"California I can-"

"No you can't" She spat tears falling once again.

I led California upstairs to my room locking the door behind us.

"Hey, hey it's okay." I held her shoulders out in front of me.

"I wanna go home." She sniffled.

"Your gonna leave me here alone?" I said trying to make her laugh.

"I'm definitely not sharing a bed with Jack let alone a room." She hisses.

"Then stay here." I turned her around to my unmade bed along with a made one beside it.

"Sam, I can't" She defended.

"Yes you can, and I want you too." I scratched the back of my head.

"You sure?" She looked up.

"Positive." I smiled down at her.

"Then let me go get my stuff." She took a deep breath before opening my bedroom door.

Cali's POV

I peeked out of Sam's room quietly trying not to make any noise. I crept around the corner to the basement still wiping my face. Reaching the top of the steps I threw all my dirty clothes on top of my folded clothes already in my bag. Before I turned to leave I grabbed my charger and flung my bag over my shoulder.