Ch36

Jack's POV

"Don't panic." He continued when he saw the expression on my face.

"Is she even still breathing?" I asked, shaking.

"Yes, she is. But she's severely injured." The doctor walked over to her body replacing the clear liquid on the stand.

"Jack." He started.

"Were you two planning on keeping the baby?" He asked, still monitoring her unconscious body.

"I-I'm sorry, what?"

"The baby, it didn't make it." The doctor finally made eye contact, resting his hands on California's stomach.

"Baby?" I asked beginning to feel lightheaded.

"The airbag, the pressure-"

"She was pregnant?" I cut him off.

"Eight weeks."

"How is that even possible?" My stomach dropped.

"Well- at this stage she should start to experience the morning sickness, has she thrown up this past week?" He asked.

"I-i don't know." I stuttered.

"I'm really sorry, Jack. Having a child is a magical thing." Dr. Connors stood up from his chair putting hand sanitizer on his hands.

"Where are you going?" I quickly asked.

"I have other patients, but I think you should stay in here alone awhile." He forced a small smile before leaving through the heavy block door.

Inching my way over to her bed, my unsteady fingers traced up her fragile arm. The low hum of the heart machine was the only noise in the room besides the pounding of my heart.

"Jack, I'm sorry about your Jeep." She dryly whispered.

"I don't care about the Jeep." I laughed wiping away the moisture on my face.

"Please stop crying." She reached for the beds remote making herself sit upright.

There was a long silence before one of us opened our mouths to talk again. I couldn't stop looking at her stomach and I know she saw me, but I couldn't believe there was a child in there, my child.

"The baby didn't make it-" I coughed.

"What?" She cried, almost fainting.

"Hey, hey." I jumped up to support her head.

"I killed it," She bellowed into the palm of her hands.

"You knew you were pregnant?" I asked, not believing the words that were coming from her mouth.

"Of course. But I thought you'd be upset," She looked up at me, her neck brace chafing her chin.

"Jesus-" I ran my hand through my hair.

"I would've told you eventually-"

"When?" I raised my voice.

"Stop yelling at me." She cried quietly.

"How could you keep this from me?" I shouted again, unable to control myself.

"Were you planning on going to Columbia with an infant!" I screamed pushing all of her files to the floor.

"No- Jack." She cried hiccuping.

The beep of her heart monitor increased immensely turning on an alarm, letting the doctors know.

"Oh my god." I looked around at the room at what I had done.

"I'm so sorry," I began to cry as well.

"I can't breathe-" She choked.

"Mr. Gilinsky I'm going to need you to step outside," The nurse from earlier gave me a dirty look before pushing me out of the room.

"Hey!" I shouted banging on the door.

"She's mine," I cried once one of the male nurses took my arm leading me to another room.

"Do you know this man?" He asked opening an identical rooms door.

"Yes- I'm sorry." Bryn took my arm yanking me in the room.

"She's not breathing again." I told Bryn, trying to get her to do something.

"I'm sure the doctors have been notified." She sat me down in a push stool.

Bryn's POV

Jack was mortified, just the look in his eyes told it all. I made him sit down on the doctors chair in Karma's room trying to get him just to relax.

"Do you need anything?" I asked Karma.

She shook her head before opening her mouth.

"I know who it was," She spoke in mouthfuls.

"Who are you talking about?" I asked kneeling beside her bed.

"The man who hit us," She paused, licking her cut lip.

"Sam?" She questioned, furrowing her now sparse eyebrows.

"The same guy who bought my painting?" I asked, taking her hand in mine.

"Y-yeah," she stuttered. "He left us there, I watched him run."
She cried, onto her hospital gown.

"I'll kill him." Jack stood up, bawling his hands into a fist. I watched him cry even harder once the name left Karma's mouth.

"He drove right at us," She cried, watching the look in my eyes change.

The smoldering red dye was now washed out of her hair and dried onto her forehead, her dark brown hair was cut at her shoulders and kinked near ears. I hated seeing her in pain.

"Are you sure it was him?"

"Yes." She repeated.

--
lame update, but who's POV so you want next chapter?

{comment}
{vote}