Ch14

Cali's POV

I didn't sleep last night. After all I'm the one who brought this upon myself.

"Hey," Bryn peeked her head in my room.

Not saying a word I rolled over on my side refusing to let her see me cry. Seconds later I felt the bed dip and a hand wrap around my side giving me a comforting warmth.

"It can only get better." She whispered.

I fluttered my eyes letting the tears fall onto the sheets while hugging the pillow in my hands.

I didn't know what to believe anymore.

Am I a horrible person?

"Please say something." She begged.

Nothing left my mouth, not even the silent answer that flooded my mind.

"Cali, I know it's hard, but don't push me away." She pleaded.

"Don't push me away."

"Jack." My lips parted finally detaching themselves.

"Cali, it's me.. Bryn." Confusion laced her voice.

"Are you okay?" She continued checking my forehead to see if I was hot.

I laid there motionless trapped inside my own body wanting to free myself from the pain I was in.

In panic Bryn ran to her room quickly coming back with her phone in hand.

"Jack!" She yelled into the phone.

I tried to tell at her to hang up but nothing left my cold body.

"I don't know, she's not moving." Bryn cried running her hands through her hair.

"Hurry!" She hung up the phone throwing it to the side of the bed.

"Shit." She paced the room occasionally looking at me every couple seconds.

"Jacks coming don't worry." She nodded her head as if thats what I was worried about.

Giving up I closed my eyes not even bothering to try and talk.

Jacks POV

What have I done? Not only have I lied to her about hooking up with Marina but now she's unresponsive and I know I'm a contributing factor. I ruin everything.

I didn't even bother knocking on the front door before I bursted in running up the staircase.

"What do we do?" Bryn panicked jumping out at me.

"Go get me an ice pack." I walked past her taken aback looking at Cali's bloodshot eyes.

"I'm so sorry." I kneeled down next to her bed holding her hand in mine.

Even though she didn't move or say a word I saw a tear fall from the outer corner of her eye indicating she heard me.

"Were gonna help you." I said trying to stay strong for her.

"Here." Bryn handed me the gel pack staring down at Cali.

I carefully placed it on her forehead rubbing her hands with mine trying to get her to react to my touch, Nothing.

"Can you hear me?" I said a little louder.

No response.

"Blink twice if you can hear my voice." I slowed my words.

Blink. Blink.

"Do feel any pain?" I asked forgetting she couldn't answer.

Slowly she opened her mouth to say something bringing my hand up to her heart.