Ch8 | studio

It's now ten past six, Jack's naked body lying next to mine, heavily consumed in the abundance of sheets.

"You hungry?" I asked.

I wasn't disappointed with only getting a simple nod from him as his eyes remained closed, a small smile spread across his face.

"I'll heat up that Chinese food," I laughed remembering Jack just setting it on the counter before joining me back in the bedroom.

I searched the space in front of the unfamiliar bed for my Nebraska t-shirt that Jack had peeled of my chest twice in the past three hours.

"What are those?" Jack asked while I self consciously covered my chest and hips.

"You know exactly what those are, Jack." My face began to heat up, embarrassment becoming close to the only emotion I was feeling.

"Yeah, you're right. And I think they make you beautiful." Jack had clearly saw that I was uncomfortable.

"What- stretch marks?" I laughed causing him to frown slightly.

"Yeah, and I don't think you should try and try and hide them." Jack began, unraveling himself from the satin sheets.

"Because I happen to actually adore them," He stood in front of me fully bare, causing my breathing to become shallow.

"You're just saying that." I rolled my eyes, pulling my hair out from beneath the collar of my shirt.

"Your self doubt kills me," He sighs before running his hand up my shirt and tracing the small lines etched into my skin.

"Jack-" I pull his hand away, hiding my face from him.

"Don't try and hide them ever again," He whispers into my hair before leaving me alone in the bedroom, questioning just about everything.

-

Jack's POV

Dinner was quiet, too quiet.

"Why aren't you talking?" I looked over to Cali as she absentmindedly poked at her food.

"Just thinking," She quickly collected herself before giving me a forced smile.

"What's on your mind?" I looked away, hoping she wasn't already regretting coming here with me.

"It's just that-" She paused searching for words.

"You literally aren't real." She laughed, my heart drowning in the effortless noise.

"How so?" I asked resting my chin on the palm of my hand giving her my complete undivided attention.

"You say these things that make me happy, unbelievable happy. But when I'm alone- I can't help but hate the person I am." She frowns before continuing to dissect her untouched food.

"I'm not proud of the things I've done in the past couple of weeks." She whispered, biting harshly on the inside of her cheek.

"Then let them go, you're here now." I squeezed her thigh, her face falling even more.

"I don't get you," I removed my hand before running it through my thick hair.

"I have to go back, Jack." Her voice was small.

And there it was, the unavoidable topic of her leaving me once again.

"I don't want to talk about that right now," I gritted my teeth.

"Then what do you want to talk about? I'm the only one talking here, Jack." She dropped her fork before angrily pushing out her barstool.

"Don't you walk away from me,"