Ch7

Cali's POV

I was woken up abruptly by Sam's alarm going off across the room.

"Sam." I whisper yelled still half asleep.

"Sam!" I threw a pillow at his head.

"What?" He shot straight up.

"Your alarm.." I laughed.

"Oh sorry, I gotta get up and make everybody breakfast." He yawned turning off his alarm clock.

"Why?" I questioned.

"Because I'm pretty sure you don't want to eat Emily's burnt waffles." Sam laughed getting out of bed.

"Can I come?"

"Of course." He smiled pulling a shirt over his head.

Not caring what I looked like I rolled out of bed running my fingers through my bed head following Sam downstairs to the kitchen.

I sat up on the counter as Sam pulled out the pancake mix from the cupboard above the stove.

"What's it like here in Omaha?" I asked popping a grape into my mouth.

"What do you mean?" He smiled at my random question.

"Like, what do you guys do for fun?" I clarified my question.

"Party." A big smile spread across his face.

"Typical." I rolled my eyes grabbing another grape.

"What else are we suppose to do?" He laughed mixing the batter.

"I don't know, not be so predictable." I half smiled.

"What about you miss California?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Well let's see, I paint, I read, I dance-"

"Alright alright I get it, I'm boring." He laughed raising his hand.

"Just don't be so judgmental to things." I shrugged with satisfaction.

"I'll take your word on that." He grinned pouring the mix in little circles.

Once Sam finished cooking the pancakes he brought them out to the huge rectangular dining table. I sat next to him on the end and everybody came piling in through the kitchen. I watched everybody walk in until my eyes meet jacks and I looked down at the table trying to calm myself.

All the sudden I felt Sam's hand on my wrist and I looked up to him mouthing the words 'You're okay'.

I nodded pulling my hand away putting it in my lap looking up at the almost full table of people. I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear only to have jack still staring at me from the other end.

"It smells so good in here." Marina walked in with the biggest smile on her face.

"I'm not hungry." I pushed my chair out slamming the front door behind me.

I paced the front porch biting on my nails glossy eyed until the front door opened and closed behind me.

"Cali-"

"Sam go back inside." The tears fell.

"It's Jack." He spoke softer.

"I don't want to talk to you either." I snapped my head now realizing it wasn't Sam.

"Cali there is nothing going on between Marina and I, she was coming onto me and-"

"Jesus Jack! You hurt me, you fucking hurt me.." My voice trailed off.