Ch28

California's POV

Who thought a place like Omaha could flip my whole life around. Soon to be eighteen, Im living alone in a sketchy apartment making it by with my dead fathers inheritance. I got a job, but I lost it. Apearently letting my boss grope me was the only job there was in the first place.

*flashback*

"So just keep restocking the jugs back here when they start to go low." My manager, Gary said pointing at the gallons of milk setting in boxs at our feet.

"Sounds good." I nodded fixing my name tag.

"Okay, I'll be running cash register four if you need me." He left the metal double doors.

I began replenishing chocolate milk when the same double doors opened again, and I continued to work pushing my loose hair back into the mandatory baseball cap.

"You must be new," I saw a hefty mans shadow on the coolers filled with milk.

"Yeah, who are you?" I stood up pushing one last carton on the shelf.

"Your new boss." He looked me up and down holding onto his belt buckle.

"Oh." I parted my lips watching him walk closer.

"So.. What's your name?" I felt his hot breath on my neck.

"California," I stepped back cringing.

"Oh c'mon." He gained distance twirling my hair in his fingers.

"Please-" I gulped.

"Do you want me to touch you?" His face lit up with amusement as he traced his fingers down to my chest.

"Stop." I spat feeling powerless.

"More?" He asked now fully grasping my breasts in between his stocky fingers.

"I said stop!" I scoffed backing away.

"Do you want this job?" He asked frowning.

"I need it-"

"Thats what i thought." He brought his hands around me pulling me into him.

I turned my head trying to push off of him, but i was to weak.

His hands found their way to my chest again groping me roughly as he tried to plant a kiss on my lips but my head was turned, and i wouldnt let him. His prickly mustache rubbed against my cheek as he dropped his hands around my back squeezing my butt agressively.

"Quit it!" I shouted as it got to far.

My shirt was half unbottoned and my hat was on the floor.

"Your sick," I cried running out of the cold room.

"Your fired!" He shouted behind me and that was the least of my worries right now.

*end of flashback*

But this is what i wanted, right? To be alone in my dissapointment of a kitchen drowning in my own thoughts at the break of dawn. I havent slept in two days, soaking up everything thats come my way in the past dreadful week. I moved in, cried a little, let grief get the best of me. Going to school today almost seems like a joke, i pay bills now, and im just a senior in high school. Soon enough ill be pregnant and responsible for a family that i cant care for. Im only seventeen, and still learning. Its all becoming to much.

I left my apartment almost an hour before school started only to be reunited with yet another part my past.

"Hey-" She said locking up her apartment door.