FIFTY-ONE

[them]

NAMJOON glared at his father. he rose from the ground, holding his father by his collar.

"you're fucking sick."

hyunsik grinned. he swept namjoon's hand off his collar with a small smile.

"son," hyunsik started and paused, "be careful of who you pick a fight with."

hyunsik's eyes narrowed on haru, "it would help, not just for your sake, but theirs."

hyunsik spoke with a sickening sweetness. he pointed towards the group behind namjoon. bangtan, namjoon's family.

namjoon bared his teeth, clenching his jaw, "did you think i didn't know."

hyunsik raised his eyebrows, "know what."

"you killed eomma." namjoon seethed, "you fucking murdered her."

at namjoon's statement, the sheer joy on hyunsik's face is wiped clean. it was like guilt struck him. his eyes sunk down to the floor.

"it was an accident, son."

hyunsik averted his eyes, "a small slip of the hand."

"darling." hyunsik spun his wife around, "do you care for a dance."

his wife was emotionless. there was no smile on her face, no joy, no happiness. Something had been off about her that day.

"you said you were the ceo of kim enterprises!" his wife shot him a glare.

hyunsik tilted his head, "i am?"

"then what the hell is this!"she shrieked.

his wife pulled out a paper from her work bag. she laid it flat on the desk. hyunsik's face was one of the many plastered on the paper.

"i work in the military!" she screamed, "why is your name on the list of criminals!"

hyunsik's eyes widened. he hadn't expected her to find out, let alone have this kind of reaction. he had expected her to understand and be calm, they were already married for a good eight years.

hyunsik walked to the kitchen. he grabbed a drink from the countertop, sipping it to ease his stress. he grabbed the ends of his hair.

"did you fucking use me?" she looked at the boy, hiding behind the stairs, "did you use me to get the drug's i'm working on?"

"i'm a scientist, i specialize in biowarfare." she rushed into their room, "was it all a lie?"

"was your love for me a lie?" she asked.

her eyes were fixated on hyunsik's dark ones. she dashed towards their room, hastily grabbing a suitcase from their closet. she stuffed sets of clothes into it, as many as it could take. she shut the bag closed, pulling it behind her.

hyunsik darted behind her. his heart paced inside his chest. everything was crumbling apart. his whole family.

she threw off their wedding ring,"i'm leaving hyunsik."

the wedding ring clinked against the tile floor as it came crashing down.

hyunsik held her arm, "bora dear, let's talk about this."