EIGHT

[her]

SHE strapped her gun to her thigh as she roamed the streets, searching alley to alley. she had a particular person in mind tonight. she needed a bit of excitement tonight, her past boggled her mind and brought her down, today was the day she'd end the last bit of past inside her.

she was ready to free herself from the hell she was reminiscing.

the moon reflected off the lakes, but otherwise, it was pitch dark. only tiny stars scattered the night sky. her leather outerwear blended in with her surroundings, reflecting the gleam of the new moon. the only thing that stood out about her was her brown dyed hair.

as she entered the next barren alley, the water droplets rippled as they hit the ground. each one echoed into the vast abyss.

she dragged her hand on the wall. cuts grazed her skin, but for her, it didn't pain. pain rarely attacked her from all the years she suffered through it. she licked her lips, the dark red color of blood frosting her hands made her bloodthirsty, it was the color that made her heart beat.

she sighed as she spotted a familiar black-headed man.

he glanced around as he pocketed the white substance, making sure there weren't any onlookers.

she pressed her back against the wall, inching towards him as he handed three crinkled bills to the other man in front. she would have never dated him if she had known.

she pulled out a cigarette and lighted it with her lighter. she took a blow from it, whistling out smoke.

she pulled him in towards her, enveloping him in a hug. the bitter scent of alcohol engrossed her sweeping into her nose.

"hi honey." she giggled, "how are you, baby?"

he gawked, his mouth opened wide open, gasping. he was unsure whether it was the alcohol, or if it was haru in his plain sight.

"haru?" he whimpered, his eyes didn't blink instead they gazed right into hers.

he inhaled sharply, haru was missing and presumed dead. her whole home burnt into a crisp, they didn't find a single body.

"haru's dead babe, i killed her." she froze, blinking her eyes dozens of times.

haru was long gone, only jimin could revive her. she had gone insane, after all the people she trusted left her.

"daehyun, baby, don't you miss me?" she pouted, putting her hands on her hips.

daehyun had a perplexed expression. he furrowed his eyebrows and he scrunched his nose up, creating wrinkles. this wasn't the same childish, shy girl he knew back then. she was more confident in herself.

"alright fuck this."

she ripped the gun strapped to her thigh and aimed it at his head.

"did you really think i'd forget?" she sneered, digging the gun deeper into his temple.

daehyun shivered. she wasn't haru by any means. he dug his hands into his pocket, he knew he had a dagger there for emergencies. however, he struggled to find the silver pocket knife buried in his pocket.

"you know i didn't mean to cheat on you baby." he slurred, trying to buy himself time.

she scoffed, "bull. shit."

she tossed her hair over her shoulder, a dark flame surrounded her. her eyes turned icy cold, only a slight upturned lip.

a sharp pain spread up his fingers, he had found his knife. she knew he had been looking for something and gave him his time.

he thrusted the dagger towards her. she jumped back. she aimed the gun directly in the center of his forehead.

he ducked, raising his leg towards her shin. as her knees buckled, he slashed at her. a nasty cut grazed her arm, oozing out blood.

she hissed as the stabbing spread upwards. she pushed him roughly further into the alley, slamming him against the wall.

a crack erupted, he hunched his back in misery.

"oops, sorry baby." she teased, bringing her hands up to her face, her mouth agape.

his agile movement was too slow for her. she could easily dodge all his punches or kick, nearly every shove of his knife she jumped back with a counterattack.

his head was pounding, she was far too strong. he underestimated her. the alcohol was getting to his brain, his vision was hazy, he could barely make out her figure amidst the fog.

bruises didn't frost her like they did with him, her skin was crystal clear. her arms hadn't sunk, still a burst of energy present within her.

her face was unreadable. fear was absent. his face was etched with worry, his eyes shifted right and left multiple times in a second. constantly, he glanced behind him as his heart thumped against his chest.

"babe you tired yet." she wiped the sweat trailing down her forehead with the back of her hand.

he hadn't given up yet. this was a matter of life or death. his eyes flicked from his knife to her. he slashed it only to hit the air.

she was on the left side of him, she cocked the gun.

"how sad, if you didn't kiss her maybe you would have still lived your life." she singsonged.

he begged, his hands were closed together praying for mercy, "please. don't."

"honey, i'm shadow, i don't give mercy." she tittered, as she pulled the trigger.

his body fell down with a quick thud. she leaned down leaving her stain on his cheek.

her head was throbbing, he was such a nuisance to her.

"i need a drink." she mumbled as she strolled away from the now barren alley.