FIVE

[him]

HE shifted as his side burned, an itching sensation was throbbing in his arm. regaining consciousness, he blinked a couple of times. the pale light above was blinding him. he was almost able to lift up his arm scanning the room, he perceived his family eagerly waiting for him. four eager eyes were staring back at him.

"hyunggg." jungkook cried drawing out the last syllable, smacking jin. "he's awakeee."

jin did not budge. he was dead asleep.

jin had fallen asleep under the crushing weight of the rest. he had grown sleepy waiting for namjoon, exhausted and tired caring for him.

"hyungs attack!" jungkook ordered.

all but the blue-haired boy fell onto jin, trampling him or smacking him in attempts to wake him up. the blue-haired boy was sleeping besides him. they all tried their best to prevent accidentally striking him instead of jin.

jin flickered his eyes, "what do you want?" he mumbled, garbling his words.

"he's awake."

"shit-really." jin rose, his hands on his hips.

jin sprung into action, checking namjoon's heartbeat, his vitals, and his reflexes. namjoon was laying on the bed. his eyebrows were awkwardly raised, glancing at the pairs of eyes staring at him.

a heavy silence settled over them; the tension was oozing within the room.

"so hyung, who attacked you." hoseok giggled, in an attempt to initiate a conversation

the boys had been wondering the same thing. namjoon was rarely defeated; he had fists of iron and the strength of a lion. hoseok was pretty curious to know who managed to brutally beat the one and only namjoon.

jin smacked hoseok on the head, glaring at him ever so slightly.

"aish. he just woke up and you already want to know who beat him up." jin sighed, bobbing his head back and forth in shame.

the boys all nodded back at jin, their eyes were begging for permission.

"wait but yoongi hyung is still sleeping." taehyung shivered, gesturing to the blue-haired boy.

he thought about the death that would fall upon him if he got told to wake up yoongi.

"you wake him up." jimin retorted, shaking his head as if to say he wasn't doing it.

"there's no way i'm doing it, make jungkook or hyung do it." taehyung snapped back, crossing his hands.

"i am not doing it." jungkook huffed, "i'm not moving an inch from this seat."