THIRTY-TWO

[them]

NAMJOON paused. the cold metal was pressed against the side of his forehead. it sent shivers through him. he stood still without movement. his heartbeat raced against time. he was hesitant to move. he turned his head towards the side slowly.

"father?"

namjoon's eyes sprung open. sweat beaded on his forehead. his father was a dangerous man.

"i see you have been enjoying yourself the last five years." the man chuckled, "did you really think i wouldn't keep an eye on you son."

"i always know exactly what you are doing."

the gun didn't leave namjoon's forehead. namjoon was frozen still. something wasn't right. this situation didn't sit well in his stomach. he had left his father. why would he return?

an epiphany exploded within him. he had an explanation. he was dead sure his father behind this.

"tell me what you fucking did with jin!" namjoon growled, "i won't fucking hesitate to kill you!"

he dug the gun deeper into namjoon's forehead, "i don't think you're in a position to fight me, namjoon. i'm the one with the higher ground."

a soft silence filled the room. nobody dared to speak a word and nobody moved. the boys were all in shock.

"haru you need to go in now."

taehyung pulled open a drawer in the car. he took out a gun and tossed it to haru.

haru cocked the gun, "aren't you coming."

"i'm staying, it's not like i'm a good shot anyway." taehyung's voice darkened, "just make sure you don't fuck up."

taehyung flashed a boxy smile to haru, "scream if you need me."

it didn't take long for haru to figure out what he meant. taehyung watched her until she disappeared into the mist.

the boys turned their aim towards namjoon's father. the tiniest bit of gray had begun to fade into his dark black hair.

jungkook knew this man very well. he despised him, hated him. he took everything away from jungkook. jungkook was only fifteen.

"uncle." jungkook spat, "we're family, it's bold of you to assume we won't stick up for our brother."

he let out a sinister chuckle, "i see you haven't gotten any smarter jungkook. always quick to make decisions without weighing the consequences."

"just like your father. it's really a shame what happened to him. he was a great man."