FORTY-SIX

[them]

NAMJOON kept his cool. he took a soft and steady breath. his eyes didn't leave his father's face.

"why wouldn't i come alone." he countered.

hyunsik's dark eyes narrowed, peeking through his black bangs. beyond his simple appearance was a cold demeanor.

"i hope you are telling the truth namjoon." his father smiled, "i just don't think there would be a good outcome, if per say you had your friends with you."

***

"fuck that shit." jungkook huffed, "i'm not staying put."

jungkook twisted his gun in his hand, eying the others. he couldn't just sit still and wait for danger to come chasing at them.

"jin is out there, waiting for us," taehyung added, "we can't sit still and do nothing."

yoongi rolled his eyes, "we're re not sitting still. we are just trying not to invite trouble before haru gets back. there's a reason she told us to wait."

yoongi glared at the three youngest mumbling profanities. he fully agreed with haru's words. namjoon would have said the same thing.

jungkook shrugged, "i'm gonna check around this place once more. i have a feeling there's more here than what meets the eye.

he raised his eyebrows as he got up from the ground. he cocked his gun holding in front of him.

"is anyone else coming?"

yoongi couldn't let them venture off on their own. they invite trouble by existing. he rose from the ground with hoseok, sighing loudly.

"idiots." he mumbled

it was an eerie silence, something didn't settle in yoongi's stomach. there was a persistent feeling of uneasiness.

their footsteps tapped onto the ground as the only source of sound in the darkness. the tapping ricocheted in between the walls.

"can we find some source of light in here," taehyung groaned as he aimed his phone towards the ground.

the others nodded their heads. it was almost pitch black inside the warehouse, they could barely make out each other's expressions.

they hustled, splitting off into groups. they scavenged through the dim area searching for any signs of switches.

"oh i think i found the light switch."

the rest of the boys grouped around hoseok. they stared at the simple white switch. it seemed to be harmless.

"so are we going to press it or not?"

hoseok didn't need an answer. before anyone could retaliate, taehyung slammed his hand onto the switch.

overtop their heads, lights flickered. the pitch black evaporated and a white light replaced.

the boys exchanged uneasy glances at each other. they were surrounded by an army of weaponed guards.

"oh shit."

***

hyunsik lips upturned. his hands rested on his table. he knew namjoon was playing a game. it was obvious by his shallow remarks he was wasting time.

"you see namjoon. i do my research. i know very well what i'm getting into."

"bring them in," hyunsik gestured towards his guards.

namjoon's eyes seethed in anger as his eyes drift towards the door. he didn't know what to expect. his stomach churned at the thought of what his father meant.

namjoon watched in silence as the boys filed through the door. behind each one's blank expression was a fiery flame of fury.

"shit." namjoon mutters as his eyes trudge between the group in front.

a line of guards stand behind the group, aiming their weapons towards each one's head with a firm hold on their shoulder.

each boy stared at namjoon with bared teeth.

jungkook squirmed in the guards firm hold. his eyes burned holes into hyunsik's back.

"hey hyung," jungkook smiled sheepishly, "long time no see."

namjoon stared into jungkook's eyes. he didn't reply to jungkook's remark. he was busy analyzing different possibilities.

namjoon scanned the group. his eyes narrowed, darting between the boys.

a surge of hope replaced the hollowness in his chest.

"haru." he mumbled

in the other's eyes, namjoon saw the same thought being exchanged. as far as hyunsik knew, bangtan was only seven.

"i'm much smarter than you think, namjoon."

his father's words are coated with a sugary venom. a sinister smile passed hyunsik's face.

"clearly, not smart enough."

namjoon rotated in his seat. he chuckled. namjoon had already played his trump card and his father never saw it coming.

hyunsik's eyes trailed towards the set of boys in the back. his eyes swept right and left, counting the group. six and he already had jin.

"namjoon." his father mused, "i think you're mistaken."

namjoon's face was painted with a smug smile.

"maybe." he hummed, tapping his feet against the ground.

haru's back was pressed against the walls. she reeled in her shiny black pistol tight against her chest. each word exchanged inside the doors passed by her as a whisper. she peeked through the eyehole.

a light gasp escaped, her hands covered her mouth to erase her slight blunder.

"fucking idiots." she mumbled, "of course they didn't listen to me."

haru rolled her eyes. she took a deep breath. her fingers gripped the gun.

she kicked the door open, sliding to the ground. her gun was aimed above her as she pulled the trigger.

the bullet glided through the air. hyunsik didn't flinch as the bullet pierced through the vase nearby him.

"i see you've met haru," namjoon chuckled.

he pulled out the gun from the hem of his pants, aiming it towards his father's head.

"it's truly a shame isn't it." hyunsik met his eyes with his guards, "you still think you can outsmart me."

namjoon hesitated and that was all hyunsik needed. he jabbed a needle into namjoon's neck.

"namjoon!" the others shrieked, unable to help him.

she didn't have time to blink. everything was happening too fast, it was a blur.

she missed the guard behind her, encroaching close to her proximity, wielding a shovel.

"haru!" jungkook screamed, trying to alert her.

her head jolted left. the sound of metal rang between her ears. dark red liquid dripped from the side of her head.

"haru, come on keep going," she tapped the side of her head as her sight went woozy.

she aimed her gun towards hyunsik while her body wavered to the side. haru blinked as a sudden dizziness came over her.

she slipped towards the ground and darkness swallowed her.