FORTY-EIGHT

[them]

NAMJOON smacked his palm on his forehead, "are you fucking serious?"

his lips formed a thin line. he couldn't believe she was making it up as she went.

haru frowned, "does it look like i'm joking?"

her head tilted. she continued to dig the bobby pin around, trying to pick the lock.

"why do i not feel a click." she muttered.

her eyebrows bent up in frustration. the bobby pins weren't doing anything. it was supposed to click and then unlock the door, but that wasn't happening.

"its not like you have any better ideas." she sassed, putting her hands on her hips.

namjoon groaned, "any idea is better than following the movies."

namjoon paced around the tiny, dimly lit cell. he grabbed the ends of his hair, watching haru pick the lock.

"here let me give it a try," namjoon leaned down, whispering into her ear.

namjoon extended his palm, hoping for her to hand him the bobby pin.

"fine bitch." she huffed, "let's see if you can do any better."

haru took the bobby pin out of the lock, slamming it into namjoon's extended palm. there was no way he'd get any further than her.

"watch and learn baby."

namjoon held the black bobby pin in between his fingers, he jammed it into the keyhole. he twisted the pin around, hoping for the door to magically open.

"oh fuck."

the bobby pin had snapped in half. it fell onto the ground, outside the cell, far away from their reach.

namjoon stared into his hands. he did not just break the bobby pin.

"namjoon!" haru yelled, "you fucking idiot!"

haru rolled her eyes, fixing them onto the black bobby pin laying just out of their grasp. she pursed her lips.

"how did you fucking manage to break the bobby pin!" she hollered, "those things are literally unbreakable!"

namjoon looked down at the ground, averting his eyes away from her. he shrugged, unsure of what to say.

haru banged her head against the walls, "there goes our chance to escape."

"maybe you have another bobby pin in your hair."

haru turned towards namjoon. she clenched her fist, smashing into the wall. oddly enough, it didn't hurt her as much as she wanted it too.

she pointed towards her hair, "does it look like i have another one in my hair?"

namjoon glanced away from haru. he threw his arms around her and pulled her close into a warm hug.

"sorry," he mumbled, looking down at her face.

their world fell silent as they stared into each other's faces.

haru's arms were pinned to her sides. all her feelings of anger washed away as she stared into namjoon's black orbs.

namjoon brushed back her long brown hair, "you're making me feel things i've never felt before."