FORTY

[them]

NAMJOON widened his eyes. his looked at yoongi with a starstruck expression.

"what the fuck!" he shrieked, "what did i ever do to you?"

yoongi glared at namjoon, "need i remind you how many times you and haru have woken me up."

"hyung! namjoon is going to burn the house down with his cooking skills. please give us mercy."

jungkook bowed down on the bed. he held his hands together, begging towards yoongi. he would take any punishment except namjoon's cooking.

"i miss you jin hyung." jungkook cried, "yoongi's the biggest tyrant."

"don't worry we will get him back. we'll do whatever it takes."

yoongi paced around the room. he was certain that if namjoon was in the kitchen alone their house would exist no more.

"fine." yoongi glanced at namjoon, "haru's gonna help namjoon cook."

"what the fuck. i didn't sign up for this shit."

"neither did i. welcome to the club."

haru rolled her eyes while she made her way to the kitchen with namjoon.

"do you have any idea of what to cook?"

namjoon thought for a few seconds, "pancakes?"

haru shrugged, "i guess that works."

haru grabbed the ingredients from the pantry. she tossed the flour and sugar onto the table. she opened cabinet by cabinet to search for the baking powder.

"where do you guys keep the baking powder?"

"i don't fucking know." namjoon rolled his eyes, "i'm banned from entering the kitchen."

haru rummaged through every cabinet, "how bad can you possibly be?"

a light smile washed over namjoon's face as he ignored her remark. namjoon watched haru grab materials from the cabinets. he stood in silence unsure of what to do.

"can you make yourself useful and get the eggs?"

namjoon nodded. he made his way to refrigerator. he prayed not to mess up already. how many did they need? haru didn't specify. he decided to grab the full container.

"namjoon you got this." he mumbled.

namjoon tiptoed, carefully placing his feet on the ground. no accidents today. he was prepared.