ONE

[him]

DEATH had yet to take him away. with an ounce of life left inside, he let the familiar faces of his brothers pass by.

he recollected his memorable moments with worldwide handsome, his windshield wiper laugh, the measly scoldings he got as he stepped foot into the kitchen. his precious sunshine cheering him on whenever it was time for a mission. the savage remarks from yoongi, screeching when awoken. competitions with mochi, or the golden maknae. his pranks with tae, fond memories that vividly echoed within him. a faint smile formed as he reconciled all these precious moments, anxiously waiting to be found.

he allowed his dull eyes to shut close, and gave into the darkness washing over him.

***

the boy's were searching for someone, loud thumping sounds accompanied by splashes that resounded through the narrow halls. crunches of gravel and shallow rampant breathing punctured the still eerie silence.

jungkook was roaming the barren roads of seoul leading to a shadowed alleyway. racing inside he found stacks of bodies, each one with a kiss on the cheek, bright red lipstick, brutally murdered. scanning, body by body, he neared a familiar face, with a bright red stain.

"hyung!" jungkook screamed, a wave of short-lived relief slowly washing over him, "he's over here!"

noticing the battered state his hyung was in, fear engulfed jungkook again. bullets were lodged in his chest and arm, bruises painting him and blood was dripping down his face. barely breathing, he was holding onto the ropes of life. jungkook was hyperventilating, his breath racing. pacing back and forth waiting for the rest of his pack. promptly he heard the rapidly approaching booming footsteps, the clicking getting closer. arriving beside him were five other men, eyes widened at the dire situation of the man in front.

jin's erratic heartbeat increased by ten-fold. the relentless pounding in his chest intensified. his eyebrows raised in worry, fear bounced around his mind.

"we're running out of time." jin expressed with shoulders slumped.

he pulled at his hair. "take him to the car."

jungkook lifted the man, carefully, handling his crushing weight on his shoulders. his shoes pounded heavily with every step, flying over the stones. following behind were the other five breathing in short gasps, panting heavily.

jin shoved the key into the keyhole, jumping straight onto the driver's seat with his hands on the wheel. trailing him, the boys all hopped into their seats, worry etched into their mind. the man was arched over jungkook, who applied pressure to his wounds. jin slammed the door shut.

his feet pressed against the accelerator, sweat built up behind his neck. he yanked the steering wheel, the tires shrieked in anguish. The black rover slammed against the pavement, jumping curves.

gunshots sounded out, the rear mirror had exploded.

The blue-haired man looked behind him "holy shi-"

red and blue lights flashed, stalking them. the boy's pulled out their guns, aiming to make headway with the cars trailing them. with each bullet missed, the loud swears only increased.

jin pushed on the accelerator. the car spun, cutting across the street. the smoke scent surrounded them. swerving left, the car jumped the median, airborne. the rover slammed back down on the rubble. swears filled the back. jumping the lights, the car sped skidding across the pavement. hitting 150 mph as the sirens wailed, jin screamed in agony. the crimson and blue light zooming in front. he slammed the reverse, cars crashing aside him. cutting the corner he hit the accelerator. flashing at 210 mph, the whirring got louder.

"hold on." jin howled, shifting the gears.

smashing the econ button, he hit the gas whipping the car around, nearly tipping it.

"can't you go any faster?" the redhead roared from the rear-end, taking fire at the cars chasing them.

jin ignored the remark, sweat building up on his face. he was running out of time to save his brother. taking matters into his own hand, he pulled out his gun. one hand on the wheel, the other pulling the trigger. wheels trailing smoke, he aimed in front, one down. barely dodging the building, the car swerved left. he ducked as a bullet shattered the front windshield. smashing the gas, he took the shortcut, obliterating the park.

"what the fu-" hoseok hollered, looking in front.

the car was flying in thin air over the river. the boys prayed for dear god, as the car barely hit the cobbled pavement in front. the shrill cries of the sirens fading away.

jin swerved the rover onto the barren roads, eventually pulling around a magnificent villa beyond the desolate lands. the roof was slanted, chocolate coating frosting the walls, with royal gold curtains draping the windows so the sun could rush through. a fence of marble weaved around, enclosing the villa. bushes shaped in wide assortments of styles, from animals to food. a marble fountain perched at the side, spitting out droplets rippling into the vast ocean of water below. assortments of lights ornamenting the vast layers of concrete flooring.

shoving the car door open, their faces were in anguish, eyebrows crinkled beads of sweat down their necks. handling the weight of the man, jungkook slumped pacing towards their humble home. ramming the door open with his free hand, he laid the man in the room on the left filled with medical equipment.

"tae comes with me." jin gestured towards the red head, glaring at the others. "the rest of you stay out."

checking the man's pulse, jin hooked him up to an ekg.

"tae get the iv with general anesthesia." he shouted, scanning for wounds.

one by his chest, the other on his right arm. putting pressure on his wound, sweated beaded on jin's forehead. his chest tightening, with the rapid thumping inside. jin made the initial incision on the first wound. he was quick, smooth and precise. hands shivering, he set the forceps down taking a couple breaths to regain his composure.

***

jungkook was pacing impatiently, hands in his pocket, walking back and forth. their toes were on the edge, sorrowful eyes dripping with tears. a tiny flicker of desperate hope soaring in the air. each one's wounded heart sinking into the ground, as their eyes froze over. a heavy blackness filled the room. the dull sound of the tapping feet echoed however, drowned by their internal thoughts. an ominous silence to their souls, a dark empty void. nerves jumping together. jimin ran his hand through his hair, eyebrows furrowed with worry, sweat glistening across his temple.

"shit!" a shrill shriek was heard from inside, followed by a loud beep,"he's flatlining!"