#13- Road Trip

#13
Madelyn's POV

"I've been calling you non stop for the last hour. I was about to call the police." Cara rants as I stand between her and Cole, not knowing which one I want to face right now.

"Cara, take it easy on her" Cole cuts in.

"You know where I was?" I ask him.

He nod his head looking slightly ashamed. I scoff and walk into my apartment, slamming the door behind me. Deciding that Cara is easier to deal with right now.

I already assumed that he was the one that called the police, but what he just said confirms it.

"Do you want to tell me what the hell is going on here? Where were you? And why is Cole defending you? Wh-"

"I was almost raped and murdered. Okay?" I cut her off by saving it very loudly. No doubt loud enough for the neighbors to hear. For Cole to hear.

Her demeanor immediately changes, "I'm sorry. Can you explain?"

I sit down on the couch, she follows suit.

"The night of the party" I start off, "I left early because of some girl. On my walk home I was attacked. He touched-" I cut myself off, unable to continue the sentence. "But before things could go any further, Cole showed up. He nearly beat the guy to death. Cole took me to his apartment and took care of me for the night." I intentionally leave out the part where basically I threw myself at him like every other girl. "I was just with the police. I guess the guy that attacked me had been raping and killing college girls. I was supposed to be next."

Cara leans over and hugs me, "you could have told me"

"I know I just didn't want you to look at me differently" I explain. Like the way Cole now looks at me differently.

"Why are you pushing Cole away?" She asks leaning away slightly so that she can see my face.

"He told the police. It wasn't his information to share, it was mine"

She doesn't say anything. She just nods, "I'm so sorry."

"For what?"

"For leaving you that night, I'm so so sorry"

"It's okay, it wasn't you fault" I tell her.

It's my fault.

"Do you want to eat ice cream and watch Grey's Anatomy?" She asks.

"Is that even a question?"

She stands and goes towards the freezer.

***

I grip tight onto Bruno's leash as I do my best to calm myself down before going in to meet my new therapist.

I push the door open and step into the room.

Dr. Montgomery owns her own private practice so she just has her own room in an office building.

Luckily it wasn't that difficult to find, which is surprising because I'm really bad with directions. Or maybe it's unlucky that I found her room. I'm not sure yet.

"Hi Dr. Montgomery" I say as I shake her hand.

"Please, call me Jade" she says to me, "it's nice to finally meet you Madelyn, and who is this?" She asks, motioning towards Bruno.

"Bruno"

"It's nice to meet you too, Bruno. Please have a seat wherever you feel comfortable"

I walk further into the room and towards an olive colored couch. Assuming that's where I was supposed to sit considering the across from the couch was a matching chair. I direct Bruno to sit at my feet.