#5- Shitty Pick Up Lines

#5
Madelyn's POV

It's been a couple weeks, school is so boring considering I'm only doing my generals right now. The school day just ended.

As I was walking to my car, Cara runs up next to me.

"You'll never believe what just happened" she says, excitement oozing from her.

"What?" I asked. Genuinely concerned.

"Adam kissed me"

I squeal. Here goes the squealing again, but I guess it only happens when I'm with Cara.

"Was it everything you dreamed of and more?" I ask.

"Eh"

I gap at her. "You were so excited for an eh kiss?"

"Yeah, the kiss doesn't matter, it's the guy that does. Anyways I gotta go, Adam and I are going out to eat and then to his house. I'll be home late tonight" She starts walking away.

"Okay"

"Love you too" she yells back "don't murder Cole"

Another car ride with Cole.

Don't get me wrong, car rides with Cole were fun. But the fact that I thought they are fun scares me.

I mean, Coles hot and everything. And I see parts of his personality that aren't bad but most of his personality isn't great. Most importantly though, I don't want to be like those girls that swoon over the player.

Cole hoped in the car shortly after I did, buckling his seat belt.

"I have a song that I think you'll like" he said.

"Okay let's hear it."

He plugs his phone into the cord I had sitting in the middle. A slow song instantly started playing.

You Are The Reason by Calum Scott.

"I love this song"

"You love every song."

I laughs slightly before realizing he's completely right. "Yeah that's true."

***

We arrived at our apartment building, and got in the elevator.

"Hey do you want to work on the project tonight?" Cole asks.

"Sure, my place or yours?"

"Mine"

The elevator dings, and we get out. We walk to Cole's front door. Not that it's very far from my front door.

We walk in and I look around amazed. His apartment is an exact replica of mine. I didn't exactly get to see that last time I was here.

"You can set your stuff on the couch" Cole tells me, "you hungry?"

"There is never a time when I'm not hungry" I reply.

***

"I don't understand how so many girls like you" I say laughing.

Cole laughs back.

"Because I use amazing pick up lines."

"Like what?" I ask.

"Umm..."

"You're a player and you don't even know any pickup lines" I laugh.

"I'm not a player, I don't sleep with all of them I just flirt with all of them"

"So you're a player and a flirt?"

"Exactly, and I use pickup lines like to draw them in, we're you talking to me?"