#41- Awake

#41
Madelyn's POV

Cole and I walk out of the hospital for the second time today. I grab onto Cole's arm and rest my head against his shoulder as we walk.

"I'm so tired" I tell him.

"Me too" he responds.

***

I lay in my bed on my phone.

My phone chimes with a message from Cole.

4 attachments

I tap on the message and see the pictures that the nurse took and tears immediately begin to run down my face.

I continue to swipe through and my heart physically aches.

I debate going to Cara in search of a hug but remember that she's at Jess's for the night.

How are you doing?

Fine

Then send me a picture of your face

Okay. I'm not fine

I hear a knock on the door and nearly jump.

My phone chimes.

Answer your door

I climb out of bed. I see myself in my mirror, wearing only a big shirt and underwear.

I debate changing for a couple seconds.

Eh, he's already seen me naked.

I rush to the front door and swing it open to Cole's tear streaked face.

He looks up at me, "hey".

I sniffle and wipe my nose with my sleeve, "hey".

He reaches his arms out and I eagerly step into them. He holds my body flush against his.

In the comfort of his arms my tears begin to flow more freely.

We hold each other until I realize we're still standing half in the hallway.

"We should probably move into the apartment" I tell him, my head still pressed against his chest.

"Okay" he responds, reluctantly pulling away.

He steps in and I shut the door behind him.

I sit down on the couch and it sits next to me. I immediately grab his hand and hold it in my lap.

"I know we're super young and the situation is less than ideal, but I wish I was still pregnant" my voice cracks at the end.

I use my free hand to wipe the tears from my neck.

"Me too" Cole responds, opening his arms.

I debate for a second, knowing that I'll be nearly laying on top of him.

"You don't have to if you don't want to" he tells me, obviously reading my face.

"It's not that I don't want to, I'm scared" I tell him, straying a bit from the baby conversation. Cole places his free hand over his chest as if he heart cracked a little more at my words. "I'm scared I'm going to get too close to you and then I'll be hurt, again".