#24-Betrayal

#24
Madelyn's POV

Cole, Cara, Lucy, and I are all dancing in the center of a huge group of people.

Lucy met us here, she carpooled with someone else. Which is totally fine, so far I really like her.

But what I don't like is what we are doing right now. I personally think it's kinda nasty to be rubbing up against of sweaty people, but everyone else seems to be enjoying it.

Cara and Lucy are each holding a red solo cup, considering that they are the only two that drink.

"Are you going to be good? I really have to pee" Cole yells, close enough to my ear so that I can hear him. While pulling my body closer to his by my arm.

I smile and nod my head at him.

"Are you sure?" He asks again, "You can come with if you want"

"I'll be fine" I yell back to him.

He pulls be closer and quickly pecks a kiss to my lips. So quickly that I don't even really get a chance to kiss him back, but nonetheless I continue to dance.

And when I say I'm dancing, I really just mean I'm kinda bopping off beat. I don't have very much rhythm, especially when it comes to dancing.

I notice a guy come up to talk to Lucy shortly after, but it's too loud to hear what they're saying. He wasn't someone that I knew, which isn't really saying much considering that I don't know a lot of people.

"I'm going to go get another drink" Lucy announces as soon as the song ends.

I nod at her, Cara too busy dancing to even notice.

Cara on the other hand is a much better dancer than me. Constantly moving on beat and not at all in an awkward way.

A beautiful girl walks up to us and taps Cara on the shoulder. She lifts her head up and her cheeks immediately blush. This must be the girl that she's been going on about. And she is just as pretty as Cara was had said.

"Jess, this is Madelyn. Madelyn, this is Jess" Cara says, introducing us.

I reach out my hand and shake hers, "Hi, it's nice to meet you"

"It's nice to meet you too. Cara is always talking about you"

I give Cara a look, "She is always talking about you as well. And you are just as pretty as she told me you were."

"Really?" She asks, also giving Cara a look.

I nod my head in response just as a slow song comes on.

"I'm going to go find Cole" I tell them, trying to give them some privacy.

"Okay. Be safe" Cara tells me.

"I'll try" I smile back.

I push through the crowd of people to the kitchen, looking around but not seeing him anywhere. I stand on a chair to get a better angle and look around the entire room, still not seeing him.

I then go down a hallway where Cole had previously told me the bathroom was, thinking that maybe he was still in there.

I knock on one of the two doors and push it open. I quickly close it after seeing no one inside. I then knock on the door. I get no response so I push the door open.

"Oh sorry" I say to the couple making out before shutting the door.

I reopen the door after realizing that I knew the couple making out.

My heart drops through my stomach, not believing what I'm seeing. "Cole?" I ask.

He turns to me, emotion consuming his features.