#8- The Party

#8
Madelyn's POV

"Cara, I'm not going to the party" I tell my roommate.

"Why not? It'll be so much fun"

"Because I don't like partying"

"Have you ever been?" She asks me.

"No, but-"

"No buts, you've never been. C'mon just this once. If you don't like it we can leave." She pleas.

"Fine, just this one time"

She jumps up and down with excitement, she pulls me into a hug, "yay, you better go get ready, we're leaving in 2 hours, and you might want a jacket, we're walking"

"Where is it?" I ask, confused on why we'd walk.

"At the bar down the street. Cole has connections, so they'll serve us even though we're underage. We're walking because it's close and then we don't have to worry about leaving a car there, and there's no way we're driving drunk"

My body stiffens at the mention of drunk driving. "Of course he does" I say, ignoring the rest of what she said.

There is no way I'm drinking tonight. After everything that happened with my birth mother, I know how dangerous alcohol is and I never want to experience that. But I don't want to tell Cara that... yet. She doesn't need to be bothered with my problems. And I've told her enough of my baggage for now. I don't want to scare her away, she's my only friend here.

"C'mon, get ready. We don't have all the time in the world" Cara tells me.

"Ugh" I groan loudly, "fine"

I walk to my room and start doing my makeup. Just something simple, but hot.

I only know Cole and Adam, and both are undatable. Not for the same reasons though. There has to be dateable guys at this college, right?

I finish my makeup after like 30 minutes, and plug in my flat iron. Yes I know I said simple, and it is. I just wanted to make every part look perfect. Who knows if I'll ever go to a party again. So I've gotta make this one count.

Obviously I've never been to a party before. But a bunch of drunk people doing stupid shit doesn't seem like something I'll like.

I use the flat iron to make my wavy hair pin straight. When I'm finished, I make sure to unplug the flat iron. I don't really feel like burning down my whole apartment complex tonight.

I start looking my closet finding nothing that seems appropriate for a party.

"Cara, what do you wear to these things anyway?" I say to my roommate through the wall.

"I'm so glad you asked because I have the perfect shirt for you" she says back way to excited, "put on some high waisted black jeans and come over here"

"Okay"

I quickly find my black high waisted jeans, because they are for sure some my favorite pants. I'm starting to have a little faith in this outfit.

I walk into Cara's room with nothing but my jeans, bra, and socks on.

Cara immediately looks up at me while putting the finishing touches on her makeup.

"Damn girl you look good" I say to her. I normally don't see her with makeup on, because we live together. I think she's pretty both ways, it's just that I'm not used to this side of her.

She finishes what she was doing and takes a proper look at me, "so do you".

"Thanks" I reply flipping my hair over my shoulder jokingly. "Maybe I should just wear my bra to the party" I also say jokingly.