#17- Friends with Only Some Benefits

#17
Madelyn's POV

"What do you want?" I ask, extremely annoyed.

"Can I come over? We need to talk." Cole asks, his tone completely opposite of yesterday.

"No"

"Please" He pleas, sounding genuine.

"Fine"

I pause my Grey's Anatomy and walk towards the door, anticipating him to come over right away. As soon as he knocks on the door, I open it.

Before I can say anything, Cole grabs my face and brings his lips to mine. I kiss him with same force, forgetting everything else.

When I finally come to my senses, I pull away. "What're you doing? I thought we weren't anything?"

Cole steps into my apartment and shuts the door behind him. He starts to pace the room, "I am so sorry, I didn't mean it. Of course I was hurt by you not wanting your brother to even know who I am. But I had just gotten a call from the hospital, my sister has no changes and no signs of waking up. I was upset about both things and took it out on you. And at the same time, I don't know what this" he motions between the both of us, "is, and I don't know what I want it to be"

"I don't want a relationship" I say. Which is only partially true. I said it because I know it'll hurt his feelings. But at the same time, I don't think I could do a relationship. I don't think I'm ready for something like that just yet. Maybe I'll be ready in two days, maybe I'll be ready in eight months, I don't know.

I see slight hurt flash through his eyes before he regains his composure.

Cole's POV

"I don't want a relationship either" I mostly lie. I know that if I were in a relationship with her that I'd fall fast, and I'm not ready for that. I'm not ready for that constant fear of the possibly losing someone you love. But at the same time, I think I'm going to fall regardless.

He shifts her weight throughout her body.

"So what now?" She asks.

"Do we just go back to what we were?" I ask.

"So that you can kiss me without the relationship stuff?" She jokes.

"Maybe" I joke back

"So... friends with only some benefits?" She holds out her hand as if we're making a deal.

"Friends with only some benefits" I grasp her petite hand in mine and shake it.

"Wanna watch some Grey's Anatomy and eat min chocolate chip ice cream?" She asks as if everything is back to normal.

"Sure, I've actually been watching a lot of Grey's Anatomy recently" I tell her. However, I don't tell her that the only reason I've been watching it is so that when we watch it together I'm not completely lost. To be honest, I'm not sure if I'd actually watch if it wasn't for her.

"Really? You watch shows other than the sports channel?" She jokes.

"Ha ha, very funny."

"I thought so" she responds and I laugh to myself, "How come you're not at the party?" She asks as she grabs a spoon, I'm assuming for me.

"Cara came by to yell at me this morning and told me that you were staying home tonight, so I decided to stay home as well. I kinda figured you'd be staying home, since you don't exactly have the best track record with parties."

"Last one wasn't too bad" She smirks at me.

Would've been better if you were throwing yourself at me while sober. "That's because you don't remember most of the night"