#3- Forced to Talk to the Player

#3
Madelyn's POV

"Bye Bruno" I say as I plant a kiss to my dog's fuzzy head.

I walk out of my apartment and close the door behind me, checking the knob to ensure that it's locked.

"Hey" I hear from behind me as I start to walk to the elevator.

"What do you want Hart?" I ask, automatically knowing who the voice belongs to.

"Can't a person just be friendly to their neighbor?"

I walk into the elevator and hit the button that takes me to the ground floor. I glance at him and notice the duffle bag slung around his shoulder, matching mine.

"Yeah, but that's not you" I assume.

"People change" he says, confirming my suspicions.

"Not that fast"

The elevator dings and I walk out.

"But-" he starts, but I cut him off.

"Bye Hart"

I walk outside and hop into my car. My mom and I saved for years just to be able to afford this car. It's nothing fancy, but our family isn't exactly well off. We ordered it before I moved here and I picked it up last week.

I toss my bag onto the passenger seat. I make sure to buckle my seatbelt before putting the key into the ignition. As I start to turn it, hear a knock on my window, nearly giving me a heart attack. I clutch my chest feeling my heart pound beneath my skin. I roll down the window slightly.

"What do you want Hart?" I asked.

"Um, I have soccer practice soon and I was just wondering if you could give me a ride? My idiot of a friend crashed my Lamborghini so I no longer have a car."

He plays soccer? I guess that explains the bag.

But more importantly, he has a Lamborghini?

HE HAS A LAMBORGHINI??

What kind of college student has a Lamborghini?

"No" I say as I roll up the window.

"Please, I'll owe you big time" his voice muffled due to the window.

Wow he must be really desperate.

"Fine" I roll my eyes.

I unlock the door, Cole opens it and climbs in. He put my bag, along with his, on his lap. As soon as he shuts the door.

"Seatbelt" I remind him. I refuse to drive unless everyone in my car is buckled.

"This is a nice car" he says as soon as we start driving.

"Thanks, me and my mom have been saving for years" I glance at him, "How did you get the money for your car?"

He sighs, "my parents"

"Cool"

I see him glance at me and smirk.

Damn it's hot when he smirks.

No

No

I can't think he's hot.

I don't.

"I was told that by complimenting someone, they like you more" He pauses, "Do you like me more now?"

"Not at all, you made me want to pull over just so I could slap you."

"Ooo, kinky"

I roll my eyes as my cheeks flush red. I look out the side of my car pretending to check for a car.