#36- G-A-L-A-?

#36
Madelyn's POV

While a lot of schools are centered heavily around football, mine is very centered around soccer.

Tonight is the big soccer game before our school's ball. It's essentially prom, just without the name.

Neither Cole nor I officially asked the other person to go to the ball with them. I guess that I just assumed that we are going together because we are together, and he must've thought the same.

Cara, Jess, and I hand our money to the person in the admissions box and receive our marks on the backs of our hands.

We quickly find our seats near the front of the student's section. I scan the guys warming up, looking for Cole. He very much stands out compared to the other guys, I'm not sure if it's because he's my boyfriend or he's just that person that always stands out.

His eyes soon meet mine and he brings his hand to his mouth and kisses it before blowing it in my direction.

I smile and roll my eyes at him but extend my arm to catch it, I place my hand against my chest as if holding his kiss to my heart.

***

The game ends and our team wins by 2 points, the student section erupts in cheers. The guys shake hands with the other team. Cole and five of his teammates stand in the center of the field while the rest of the players leave.

"There is a specifically message for Madelyn in the center of the field" the announcer says over the speakers and the stadium falls silent.

I continue to watch where I've been watching and the guys open their shirts down the line, letters appearing painted on their chests/abdomens.

P-R-O-M-?

A gape at my boyfriend and his very muscular friends.

Cole shrugs at me and I nod my head. "She said yes", Cole yells to the stadium and they once again erupt in cheers.

Cole jogs over to the stands and jumps on the railing, bringing himself level to me. He leans his face forwards and presses his lips to mine. He rests his forehead against mine.

"How come you didn't have you shift off?" I ask Cole.

"I wanted everyone to focus on the promposal and not on how good I look shiftless"

"Oh I'm sure" I respond.

***