#33- Meeting the Family

#33
Madelyn's POV

I walk around Target grabbing a couple toiletries when a toothbrush catches my eye.

Do I buy it to put in Cole's apartment?

What Cara and Cole said makes sense.

I mean, what could it hurt?

I grab the toothbrush and add it to my basket.

I then see a cute, simple, toothbrush cup shortly down the aisle. I pick it up and roll it over in my hand, feeling the cold marble. I check the price and see that it is only five dollars, so I add it to my basket as well.

***

I hold the last strand of my hair around the hot curling wand when a knock at the door startles me and almost making me burn myself.

"Come in" I yell, standing up to greet the person. I walk out of my bedroom and see Cole shutting the front door. Cole wears some simple khaki shorts and a blue button up shirt.

"You look nice" I tell him, placing my hands on his chest and reaching up for a quick kiss. "What's wrong?" I ask him, realizing he didn't grab me when we kissed. "You're not your normal, horny, self"

"I'm so nervous" He confesses.

"It'll be fine" I reassure him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I've never met one of my girlfriend's family before" Cole shares.

"Yeah, well usually you have to have clothes on to do that"

He rolls his eyes at me but smiles, "haha very funny"

"I thought so" I reply, "Besides, you've already met Hazel and Chris. So you're really just meeting my mom."

"First of all, your mom is like the most important person in your life so that's a lot of pressure. Second, your brother hates my guts."

I lean back to look at his face, "What do you mean he hates you?"

"I mean that I think if given the chance, he'd kill me"

"Since when?"

"When Cara and I came to your court hearing, he was very upset with me. And at the hospital he yelled at me and then pretty much kicked me out of the hospital."

"What did he say?" I ask.

"It's nothing important. We can talk about it later, okay?"

"Okay" I respond.

We separate and begin to head out the front door.

"And for the record, I am not always horny"

"Uh, yeah. You pretty much are."

***

Cole and I stand hand in hand on the front step.

I give his hand a squeeze for reassurance, he turns his head and smiles at me.

"Ready?" I ask.

He nods.

I knock on the door before walking into the house, "we're here" I yell.

My mom rushes to us and I release Cole's hand, pulling my mom in for a hug, "hi mom"

"Hi" she releases me and pulls Cole in for a hug. I notice his shock but he quickly hugs her back.

"I'm Eleanor"

"I'm Cole"

"It's very nice to meet you" my mom says, pulling out of the hug.