#4- School Sucks

#4
Madelyn's POV

Cara and I walk out of our apartment to head to school. I was the last one out, so I lock the door behind me. I hear a door shut, and then a voice that I always dread hearing. 

"Ready for school?" Cole asks.

"What do you want Hart?" I question back.

"Cara didn't tell you?" He says. I look to Cara as she looks away and bites her lip nervously.

"Cara, what didn't you tell me?"

"Well... um" is all she manages to get out before Cole talks again.

"You're giving me a ride to school"

I clench my jaw, but then remember, it's only one day.

"It's only one day" I mumble to myself.

"Actually it isn't. I'm getting a ride until my car is fixed"

My jaw drops, figuratively not literally, and I glare at Cara. I take a deep breath and turn back to Cole. "What's in it for us?"

"You want to make a deal?" He asks.

"Yeah"

"Okay, anything" he was smugly.

"You're going to regret that Hart." I pause for dramatic effect. "No hookups in your apartment while we are home" I smirk.

He smirks back "you don't think I can do it, do you?"

"Nope"

"Deal"

I reach my hand out to shake his.

"Deal"

I smile and start walking to my car, I offered to drive today. Before I knew Cole was coming with us.

But hey, I'll get some good sleep for a while. Because lately, I've been getting woken up Cole's morning hookups. 

We get to the car.

"Hey Cara, can I have shotgun?" Cole smirks at Cara.

I see her nearly melt under his gaze.

"S-Sure" She stutters out.

I roll my eyes but get behind the wheel and start driving. When I Was Your Man by Bruno mars started playing on the radio.

I start barely singing along to the song.

"You should sing louder" Cole says.

"I'm good"

"Ok, suit yourself" Cole clears his throat "that I should have bought you flowers, and held your hand. Should've gave you all my hours, when I had the chance. Take you to every party, cause I remember how much you love to d-" Cole starts belting.

I click the button to turn the music off.

"I don't need music to sing. Do dab da do da mmm when I was your man"