#7- Surprising My Family

#7
Madelyn's POV

"Mom" I yell as I walk in the front door to my house. I walk into the living room and see my mom sitting on the couch. She immediately stands up.

"Madelyn," she says, shocked, as I walk over to her and engulf her in a hug "what are you doing home?"

"School had a long weekend so I decided to come home"

My mom gives me a kiss on my head.

"Where is Chris?" I ask.

"Upstairs probably playing video games"

I let go of my mom and climb the stairs. I walk over to Chris's door, I open it quietly and slip in. Chris is sitting on a futon. "Ahh" I yell as I grab his shoulders. He jumps slightly and turns his head to see who is behind him. As soon as he sees me, he takes off his headphones and jumps to hug me.

After a while, he lets go. "How is college?"

"It's okay, I really like my roommate. But my neighbor he's a douc-"

Chris cuts me off, "did you sleep with him?"

I was taken back a little, "ew, no"

"Good, he probably has STD's"

"You don't even know him," I say, it might sound like I'm defending Cole, I'm really not.

"Yeah, but it's usually the douches that have the most diseases. Girls like bad guys" he says.

"True" I replied nodding my head. I'm not going to argue with him on that one. Most girls do like bad guys.

"How has life been here?" I ask him.

"Boring. Still no girlfriend" He replies sounding kinda bummed.

"Don't go around looking for a girlfriend, not gonna lie, girls suck. Most of them are mean and consumed by drama." I am definitely overprotective of my brother. I guess we're just overprotective of each other. Our little family is all we have, we need to protect it.

"Oh trust me, I know. I'm in high school, I've seen how terrible girls can be to each other. But I don't swing the other way so it looks like I've gotta stick to girls. And..." He starts but I cut him off.

"Oh my gosh, you found a girl" I pause slightly, but not long enough for him to say anything, "Is she nice? Is she pretty? She's probably super smart because someone has to do your homework." I start to ramble.

"Hey" Chris replies, sounding offended, "I do my own homework. Thank you very much. And she's not my girlfriend... yet. But she is nice and pretty, and really smart."

"Well. Are you going to ask her out?"

"Yeah, but I want to make it perfect"

"No matter how you do it, I'm sure she'll love it" I tell him.

"You're a girl" he starts.

"Yeah I am"

"What do girls like?"

"All girls are different, but she's in high school so she probably wants something cute and romantic. Like, write your question in the sand at the beach, or in rocks in the woods. Or literally, just ask her. It's not how u ask her that matters, it's just the guy asking." I advise Chris. I know I'm not an expert, but it's what I would've wanted when I was young. I'm not talking like high school days, I mean like way before that. When I actually believed in love. When I was about 7 was the last time I believed in love, I thought I'd grow up and fall in love, and it'd be magical, long walks in the beach, picnics. I've grown out of that. I've learned that there is no way love can exist. No way I could have been so badly hurt by someone who "loved" me.