#14- Kissing The Player

#14
Madelyn's POV

I look to Cara and she nods her head as the door pops open, "I can take your things".

"Thanks" I reply to Cara, handing her my things.

"Sure" I say, turning back to Cole.

He opens the door to his apartment and walks in, I follow suit. He closes the door behind me.

He turns towards me and looks at my eyes, causing me to look away.

"I'm really sorry about going to the police, I know it wasn't my place. It's just that I was there that night, I saw all the damage he did to you first-hand, I saw all the bruises that were on parts of your body that you couldn't see, and I just... wanted you to get justice."

"It's fine." I respond, not actually knowing if it's fine, "hopefully, they catch him now so that he doesn't attack anyone else."

"This isn't about the potential victims, he actually attacked you. How can you be so nonchalant about it?" He asks, a hint of anger prevalent in his voice.

"It already happened to me, but now I hoping that no one else will have to go through what I went through. And at the same time, I can't feel it. I can't allow myself to care because all I feel is pain. I'm scared it'll ruin me, that I won't make it if I let it all in. So I'm going to focus on the good."

"Madelyn..." He says, my name rolling off of his lips filled with emotion.

"Stop. Don't say my name and look at me like that."

"Like what?" He asks.

"Like I'm fragile. Like I'm going to fall apart at any second. I might, but it's not your job to help me get back together. Half of the time I talk to you, you're a douche bag. But then sometimes you're so nice and caring. Can you just decide who you want to be? Because I can't keep doing the back and forth." Tears start to well in my eyes.

"That's not why I look at you the way I do," he starts, taking a step closer to me, "I look at you the way I do because I've never met another person like you. I've never met someone who's been through so much shit and still wants to make sure that everyone else is okay. I've never met someone as beautiful as you that has a personality that matches. So yes, I do look at you differently, it's not because I think you're fragile, it's because I think you're insanely strong." He takes another step closer, his minty breath fanning over my face. His lips inches from mine.

"Are you just going to stand there, or are you going to kiss me?" I ask.

His lips press against mine, his hands hands tangling in my hair. I grab onto his shirt, pulling him closer. He walks me back, pressing me against the door, causing a gasp to escape my lips.

I pull away slightly and swallow hard, trying to process what is happening while keeping my eyes closed. "I should probably go" I whisper, my lips brushing his as I talk.

"Okay" He says back at the same volume.

I press my lips against his again, going against what I said. He kisses me back with the same passion. He licks my bottom lip, I open my mouth in response. I drag my hands down his chest and over his abs. I place my hands under the hem of his shirt and trace his bare abs with my finger tips. I feel his body tense. He takes my bottom lip between his teeth, as he pulls back I use one hand to push him back.

"Um..." I start, unable to form a sentence. While holding him at an arms length away, "I should probably go, for real this time"

"You might have to take your hand off of me for that." He smirks.